Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion One of my favorite places

One of my favorite places

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:13 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

...to buy meat is Sorg's, west of Darien WI on US-14. Last Saturday I had to go to Illinois and on the way back I decided to stop in.

This 3.6-lb bone-in loin roast caught my eye and at $2.45/lb I wasn't going to pass it up.

After salting it I covered it with a paste of basil, oregano, sage, rosemary, and olive oil and put it in the fridge to rest overnight.

I put it on the rotisserie and added a couple of apple chunks, and grilled it until it was about 140.

I wound up cutting it off the bone first and then slicing it. It had a nice smoke ring and a good but not overly strong smoky flavor that didn't totally overwhelm the herbs. And because I pulled it at a low temp it didn't dry out, although it wasn't as pink as I thought it might be.

Since I was at Sorg's around lunchtime and I was hungry I broke down and bought a couple of ribeyes. When I got them home I gave them a good salting, wrapped them in plastic, and put them in the fridge until Monday afternoon.

No messing around - just some fresh pepper and a hot fire!

I had picked up some big potatoes and some mushrooms just to serve with the steaks, and even though it was Monday we ate like it was Saturday night!

Return to General Discussion