Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:42 am
Nukem medium-rare
medium-rare

Nukem is my dawgs name, he is a 6 year old German Shorthair Pointer. I thought Nukem, and BBQ, heck that is "hot"! LOL
I can't eat this, there aint no meat!

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:08 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Rump Roast,
With a little practice and a good recipe, you could be making rump roast that's better than most guy's filet mignon.
I like your name. Besides the movie referrence, one of the marks of a skillful BBQer is the ability to take cheap tough cuts of meat and make them as tender, flavorful, and juicy as what less skilled cooks produce with premium meat cuts like filet.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:08 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

Well said Vinsect! That sort of sums out the whole bbq world/mission in one statement. Wow.
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:23 am
Roundtuit rare
rare

Er, um, I meant to reply to this post some time ago but I uh didn't get around to it! :))

Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:06 pm
snapshot0729 well done
well done

Ok my turn... First this bugger is 6 pages deep and it''s only a week old at this point....
I've had the handle of Snapshot (due to the fact I've also been a professional photog for 30 years) since the 80's when I had my BBS "The Intercept Vector" as a FidoNet Hub in Northern Illinois. Fidonet for the uninitiated, was the precurser to the Internet. Yes I'm so old that I've been doing this since before the Internet. Fido was THE message network in the 70's and 80's. Once the Internet took ahold in the early 90's Fidonet waned consideribly.
The 0729 was added when I couldn't log boards as just Snapshot. That would be my birthdate July 29th... For those that are counting that would also be 1956. That means I'm bound for the 49 mark in 2005... :D
Joe

Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:26 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I started out with magicbear (which I still use in some places) but as I hooked up with more and more sites that wanted a user id, I started running into places where this was already taken. So, I switched to a boring user id that's based on my and my wife's name. Haven't run into that problem since. Geez, who would have thought there'd be another magicbear out there?

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:10 pm
Esquire59 medium-rare
medium-rare

My career and previous football number. Linemen get 'er done!

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:29 am
BBQ-Racer raw
raw

I like to BBQ and grill, also I work for a NASCAR team.
Therefore BBQ_Racer

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:14 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Belated welcome to the board BBQ-Racer! :D

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:44 pm
stickman medium
medium

Hi Vinsect,
Gotta love KC. Actually, it is Tony Levin that plays the Stick for KC and Peter Gabriel. Another you might know is John Myung from Dream Theater, who occasionally uses the instrument. Shoot me a private message if you would like to know more about the beastie.

Best regards,
Stickman

PS: Sorry it took a while to respond - I was on an unwired vacation. I got the info deprivation shakes about halfway through day 2, but it turned out to be a good trip.

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:03 am
Sledneck well done
well done

John Petrucci from Dream Theatre was my guitar teacher before he started the band. I have the original tape cassette they gave out before the signed a record deal. Nice reference!
Steve

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:18 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Also a belated welcome to BBQ-Racer. Ok, racer, spill the beans. Wait, not really. Which team you workin for? February is almost here. Can't wait to hear," Gentleman, start your engines."
CGwSFB
Coleman 3300 gasser

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:47 pm
badabing medium
medium

HotSauceGuru wrote:
HotSauceGuru.....kinda speaks for itself. Like many people here I am a huge chile head. I love things to be hot and spicy and to impart a certain rembrance and respect in your mind each time you go to eat it. :D

Hey HotSauceGuru, Next weekend we are having our annual salsa cookoff. This is the place to be if you like your chiles.
Last edited by badabing on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you grill it, they will come.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:27 am
FATZ medium-rare
medium-rare

Need I say more?
FATZsBBQ.com
A taste of good ol' Southern boy BBQ.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:57 am
BBQ-Racer raw
raw

jm42fan,
I work for Hendrick Motorsports in the engine department.
I can't wait for those words "GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES ALSO".
Yes Daytona is real close and me and some friends are getting together for the race.
I will be doing the BBQ.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion