Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 am

Howdy y'all,

I'm new to the group and thought I'd start out with explaining MtnMan BBQ. I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns of Virginia and love to BBQ and eat BBQ. My main rig is a CG with sfb and have done most of the mods. I just received my stoker unit in the mail yesterday and hope to install it this weekend. I also have a Weber kettle and a Brinkmann vertical smoker. I hope one day to have a towable dropped firebox smoker to take on the road and maybe get into some competition BBQing.

Very best regards,
Rick

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm
Burnt Knuckle Hair medium-rare
medium-rare

Hi Folks,

I have been reading the very helpful posts on this site for a few months now & I finally registered this past week. I have some pretty hairy knuckles and I burn them several times a year while cooking on the grill so I figured that Brunt Knuckle Hair would be a good name for me. Sorry it's kinda long so just call me Burnt for short.

Because of you folks, I have started putting the mods on my Char-Griller Super Pro with a SFB & I enjoy grilling again! I'm very slowly getting the hang of this thing and I can't wait to be a seasoned pro like yourselves. So far I have lined the cooking chamber with foil, modified the firebox so it can hold a big basket of coals & I did the smokestack mod with the 3" aluminum duct which was a big improvment by itself. Today I ordered two Old Smokey thermometers to mount at grill level. Next I want to seal the cooking chamber with z-bar and silicone (most likely choice for me) and I will probably put in a baffle and tuning plates. After that I just want to spend the rest of the year learning how to make good bbq and drink beer while I'm at it. Anyway I just wanted to say hello and say thanks again for all of the great advice.

Cheers!

Burnt

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Burnt Knuckle Hair! :D

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:38 pm
sixfofalcon medium-well
medium-well

My username has been my moniker on various forums since the mid-90s. At that time I was a teenager and everyone new me as the kid with the 1964 Falcon. And being a teenager, the accepted pronunciation of "1964" was "Six-Fo". :lol:
Weber Performer
22.5" WSM
CG Smokin' Pro (lots o' mods, but basically "retired")

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:52 pm
burgers rare
rare

When I was a kid, I would've been happy with hamburgers 3X a day. I used to keep my sisters awake at night because I would be ordering hamburgers and hot dogs in my sleep :oops: ... So they say, at least. I never heard me do anything like that :wink: , so did it really happen?

When I moved out to go to college, I stumbled upon a job that I was unfortunately very good at--fast food. Moved up and never finished college. In 25 years in the business, I did pretty much everything except own my own franchise. The hours and stress (cost control, cost control, cost control--generating weekly P&L results, finding/keeping decent help, impossible labor budgets,..) took their toll on my health and family. I finally got canned and managed to find a way to stay out of it and still make enough to keep the wolf away. Life's much more enjoyable now!

To this day, a good hamburger is more as enjoyable to me as a good steak--maybe better.

I'm getting into this whole smoking thing pretty slowly. Haven't totally decided to take the plunge and add a SFB to my Duo. In the meantime I just keep reading and asking questions.
TANSTAAFL

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm
mac24312 medium
medium

MtnMan BBQ wrote:
Howdy y'all,

I'm new to the group and thought I'd start out with explaining MtnMan BBQ. I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns of Virginia and love to BBQ and eat BBQ. My main rig is a CG with sfb and have done most of the mods. I just received my stoker unit in the mail yesterday and hope to install it this weekend. I also have a Weber kettle and a Brinkmann vertical smoker. I hope one day to have a towable dropped firebox smoker to take on the road and maybe get into some competition BBQing.

Very best regards,
Rick

Hi Nebor!!

Like your name and wanted to tell you I live in Wytheville, Va..I am new too and getting the CG and SFB on Monday from Lowes.. :wink:

Regards
Christina

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Howdy Neighbor,

I'm just down I-81 from ya in Marion. Welcome to the group.

Very best regards,
Rick

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm pretty easy. My native American totem is the Wolf and I was ordained in 1996 to a very little known spiritual branch called All-Faith Spirituality. Thats really as simple as I am.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 pm
sizzlepig medium-rare
medium-rare

Although I love most meat products, I consider the pig the tastiest. If I am cooking anything that is not pork, I usually wrap it with bacon. I've even been known to eat bacon and peanut butter sandwiches.
I don't suffer from mental illness. I enjoy every minute of it.
CG Outlaw with SFB
A collection of Weber Kettles

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:04 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Wow going through my old posts and i missed this one...

I have been on and off the board a couple of times and am back and here to stay for the long haul!!!

pizzakngjr

When I was a kid, my dad was on the CB and his handle was pizza king. He only makes pizza once a year, makes everything from scratch ( that could be) dough, sausage, sauce. His brother owned a restaraunt in Springfield, IL (The Plantation) where he cooked steak for Peter Paul and Mary (the musicians) was a cook at Ft. Leonardwood during the Korean conflict, a chef at a restraunt in my hometown, and as far as cooking goes, he is my hero and mentor. My handle was "little tornado" well that was 30 years ago and I have grown up so I aptly named myself pizza king jr. After my dad. And if you want a crisp thin crust pizza in a home oven, just ask, I know a secret!

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am
RedWings rare
rare

I'm new to the board and also a huge Detroit Red Wings fan.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Welcome aboard RedWings!
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board RedWings! :D

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:02 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, RedWings! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:38 pm
quarrel rare
rare

Hey everyone - pretty new to the site and loving it.

My username comes from the character Quarrel from the James Bond novels and the movie Dr. No. (I accidentally didn't capitalize it when registering)

I'm a big fan of the novels (and the early movies) so when trying to think of something somewhat unique that's what I came up with.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion