Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:43 pm
ClubCarib rare
rare

our favorite as well! oldest son lived in Carib for ahile, turned us on to it. weve been going back every year since...love the BVI's, and also Anguilla(BWI), Saba and St Martin, particularly the Dutch side, these all have very inspiring BBQ shacks - sometimes referred to as a "LOO-LOO" - where they have massive fires going and they are usually indirect grilling on a large scale. anyway, we came back and this past Summer we opened our little Club Carib, a BBQ looloo in the Adirondacks!!
ill post some pics once i can figure out how....
CG Smokin' Pro w/ SFB

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm
BBQ'n Rebel medium
medium

Welcome to the board!!

Go to the link that Tex_Toby gave you above and make your license plate. Once you have made it you need to save and upload it to a photo hosting site such as www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com . Once you have it on one of these sites it is just a matter of copying the picture code and pasting it in your signature box.

Hope this helps.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber 22.5" OTG
Homemade Smoker

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:05 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board ClubCarib! :D

Tale a look at our FAQ for posting pictures and license plates:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5817

We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 am
From A Buick 8 medium-rare
medium-rare

Hello, i am new to the board (i have made a few post allready). I am new to "smoking". I just received a new CG duo as an early Christmas present / birthday gift.

My screen name is from a Stephen King book, really has no special significance. I just needed something that was not already used and I had just read the book.

So far I love this forum, i was looking for a good hobby and I thought hey this looks like fun.
I have a CG Duo with SFB (very new to smokin).

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:56 pm
MasteringTheFlame User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

I guess this must be the place for new introductions.

Hi everyone, I'm Tom.

I absolutely love to BBQ, Grill, and Cook. I've had a fascination with it ever since I can remember. I guess I just really enjoy the whole process and sharing the end results with friends and family.

I'm looking forward to the conversations on this board. I hope to learn a lot, and hopefully have some value to add myself.

Glad to be here.

-Tom

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey folks.

I've been lurking on these forums for a bit. I even had a few posts, but I think when I reactivated my account the post count reset to zero.

Anyway, I grew up in TX so y'all can guess what kind of bbq is typical for me. I have, however, grown fond of some of the pulled pork common to this area (I live just south of Cincinnati AKA Porkopolis). Most of what I make is too spicy for the yanks though. And you should see the confusion on their faces when I say I'm making a brisket... :D

Anyway, glad to be aboard.

And my user name is self-explanatory. Everything tastes better when cooked by fire. Even the sweet potatoes I'm going to smoke for Thanksgiving this week.
A bbq is only PARTLY about the food. It's MOSTLY about getting together and hanging out in the backyard with friends.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:37 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

CookinWithFire, I thought I've seen you around. :wink: ... Welcome back.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm
KentFlintz rare
rare

Mine is just the town where I live (Kent, WA) and a misspelling of the first place I ever had really great barbecue... Flint's in Oakland, CA.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board KentFlintz! :D

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Welcome aboard KentFlintz!!!!!!
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 am
bluesmoke raw
raw

Bluesmoke is what you need!

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:45 pm
finsfan rare
rare

Hello people! My name is Alex and I am in Miami, Fl. My repertoire was only grilling burgers, hot dogs, corn, and the occasional steak. But recently I have become intrigued with the smoking and "low and slow" cooking of food. I hope to share my triumphs and failures with you all! Oh and if you are ever in the Miami area let me know...... I might have some "Q" ready for some eatin! 8)
Member's Mark� 32" Gas Grill w/ Sear Burner
Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5 In. Kettle Grill
Char Griller Smokin Pro w/SFB

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:38 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Alex, my sister is over in Fort Myers for the winter.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm a motorhead. Corvette's are my thing. I came up with GreaseMonkey from General Motors (GM). Anyway, 'vettes and grillin' seem to go hand in hand "Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 pm
Trollby well done
well done

GreaseMonkey wrote:
I'm a motorhead. Corvette's are my thing. I came up with GreaseMonkey from General Motors (GM). Anyway, 'vettes and grillin' seem to go hand in hand "Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Camaro here, I liked Vettes but when young could not afford one so got a Camaro that I still have.

Welcome Aboard!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion