Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob, I tried a couple of time, but decided I kind of like it...... :lol:

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:29 pm
hotchef well done
well done

Mine came because I love to cook and I also love hot stuff! I'm also called the chef by my family so it all came together. Guess it also boosts my ego. :wink:

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:19 am
Sledneck well done
well done

Snowmobiling
Steve

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:14 am
Vinsect well done
well done

This is a great thread. I'd wondered about some of the handles on here.

Larry, for some reason I had it in my head that "ThRoff" was an abreviation for "Throw Off", as in throwing something off the grill I guess. It's amazing the way we interpret things.
Suzan Z, are you really a guy?
Irishfolker, we'll have to talk music sometime.
Bob-BQN, I love your jingle.
CigarGreg, I like cigars and pipes too. If your daughter eats leaves, try grilling her some cabbage (bok choy is the best) or a firm lettuce like belguim endive or raddicio. A little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Hadi, I'd wondered about your name too.
Searcymanoffire, Have you tried Preparation-H?

Along the road to becoming better at BBQ its fun getting to know all of you guys.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:37 am
FedoraDave medium-well
medium-well

Pretty simple, really.

My name is Dave.

And I have a couple of fedoras I like to wear. I'm thinking of getting a third. I love the look of them, and I would love to see them come back into style.

Besides, I like the sound of it. It's like a character out of Damon Runyon; Benny Southstreet, Sky Masterson, Society Max, Fedora Dave.

Also, if I ever decide to market my barbecue sauce, I have a catchy product name! :wink:
There is NO SUCH THING as "pork tartare!"

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 am
Susan Z well done
well done

Yeesh, no! Just needed to make up for my otherwise uncreative moniker. (I do love cigars and motorcycles and fishing and other traditionally "guy" things, but don't let that throw you...!)
Last edited by Susan Z on Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 am
irishfolker medium
medium

Anytime, Vince. And I don't just specialize in Irish music, that's just my main preference. I also spent many years in a classic rock band.

Smokyblues, you ought to check out Spider John Koerner for some great acoustic blues. Really outstanding stuff

Jeff
Thig Crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceol

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:15 am
bupo107 rare
rare

FedoraDave - for future reference all of the Homicide Detectives in Atlanta wear Fedoras. Granted, they range from the classy Raymond Chandler/ "Maltese Falcon" types to the cheesier, pimped out bright purple - but I guess it's a signature look that's sort of blown up on them as they carried it over the years.
Bupo107
www.outdoorculinary.com

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:17 am
charred medium
medium

SledNeck, I suspected that was the origin, but almost had to ask you out of curiosity! I have always liked snowmobiles (had many motorcycles), just don't live in the right locale.

I chose my screen-name from chasing what my wife considers to be the perfect steak: meteorite crust with rare center. Grandscale mentioned this as a Pittsburgh style, and I noticed in BBQ USA that Mr. Raichlen grew up near there (Don't have the book here, hope I'm not mis-quoting), and that his mother could whip 'em off the grill like that.

So IronWolf, are 3 pages of replies enough to let the cat out of the bag? :D

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:48 am
searcymanoffire well done
well done

Thats WhatI'm saying Charred He said He was gonn atell us something Now he's acting Like a school Girl...

Vinsect: I Tried Preperation H But It Doesn't make Good Gravy..

Come onWulf Get it Out Don't make a statement then chicken Out are you a WULF of the Taco Bell CHIHUAHUA... Oh No He didn't :P ( Just teasin)don't get in a wad..

Smoke in your eyes only Burns if it ain't from a smoker

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:10 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

charred wrote:
Grandscale mentioned this as a Pittsburgh style, and I noticed in BBQ USA that Mr. Raichlen grew up near there (Don't have the book here, hope I'm not mis-quoting), and that his mother could whip 'em off the grill like that.

Actually he grew up in and around Baltimore.

I've also seen that steak referred to as "Black and Blue"[
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:36 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Um, I inherited my moniker from the previous owner, but like it cause it seems more helpful than "Webmaster" or "Admin". Plus it's gender-neutral, and it was fun to keep folks guessing who was behind the mask, kind of like Clark Kent/Superman.

However, once I showed up at Steven's event in town, and he posted pics of me, the cat was out of the bag!

I've been Info@Workman for so long now, I practically introduce myself that way. Great thread, very interesting stuff. Perhaps Mr. Ironwulf had a very successful wing run this weekend, and is still coming down from that!! (Good wings will do that to you . . .)

Info
Last edited by Info@Workman on Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:41 pm
charred medium
medium

YardBurner, I knew I shouldn't type without having the book on hand to reference :oops: thanks for the clarification and further info on technique!

P.S. I have also wanted to tell you previously how your screen-name & Scorched_Porch's make me laugh every time I see them! (can do a little relating to both)

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:42 pm
Sledneck well done
well done

However, once I showed up at Steven's event in town, and he posted pics of me, the cat was out of the bag!

What pics?
Steve

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:45 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Info@Workman wrote:
Um, I inherited my moniker from the previous owner, but like it cause it seems more helpful than "Webmaster" or "Admin". Plus it's gender-neutral, and it was fun to keep folks guessing who was behind the mask, kind of like Clark Kent/Superman.

You're not Bobby Flay, are you? :wink:

Brad

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion