Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Jucy Blucys

Jucy Blucys

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Mrs. Chicken and I recently came across this cheese at a local winery. Blue cheese flavor with the texture of a jack, cheddar or Colby? Sign me up!

The thread title should be a dead giveaway. I split a pound of ground beef into 4 patties.

And then built 2 burgers with my patent-pending BaconShield. Because nobody likes a Leaky Lucy.

They were grilled indirect from start to finish, but I made sure to get the iron grate good and hot first. Looks like the BaconShield might've suffered a slight breach.

Winner winner burger dinner! The cheese worked perfectly and added a nice tangy flavor that other Jucy Lucy cheeses just don't have (and it's also great with crackers and sausage). Hopefully my local cheese store can order some for me so that I can find it a little closer to home.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 am
sroach well done
well done

I shouldn't have read that post so close to lunch. Now my stomach is craving a burger..

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Love it! Looks fantastic!

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:40 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Another great idea with the bacon. How does that compare with your Monster cheese?
Got beer???

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

I must find this cheese! :shock:

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
Another great idea with the bacon. How does that compare with your Monster cheese?
Definitely a stronger, more tangy flavor but it melted just as well. The other time I used blue cheese for jucy lucys I melted it into some butter first and then used that as the filling.

Nice to see you again, Smokin'gal! You might have trouble finding it in the Pacific Northwest but I'm sure you can order it online if you don't mind the shipping charges. Maybe an Oregon cheesemaker has something similar?

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

I appreciate the effort and my family would like that.

sorry, I cannot do blue cheese :oops:

Greg

Return to General Discussion