Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion One Less Helper

One Less Helper

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Today's meal was inspired by Brad's posting: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24027

I bought some boneless pork chops at the local meat market that I frequent. I meant to put them in the marinade last night, but we got home late after going to see Kathleen Madigan. So, this morning, I took some fennel seed and put them in a coffee grinder. I mixed it with some EVOO and some pressed garlic. I used the jacccard on the pork chops and then covered them in the mixture. Since I didn't take care of things last night, I used the FoodSaver and vacuum sealed them and put back in the fridge.

As the subject implies, I had one less helper around today. One of our Boxers, the one we adopted about 5 years ago, ended up with lymphoma and his quality of life was suffering. We had him put down today :( :( . I do have a helper left and she was there to assist me today.

The chops turned out very well and we're going to have them again. I also cut up some bell peppers and coated them with some EVOO and salt and pepper.

Thanks to Brad for sharing!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry to hear about your dog, Jimmy. :( I hope you have lots of good memories.

Looks like the pork chops turned out pretty good.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for sharing this cook with us.

How was the Kathleen Madigan show? I have enjoyed her work since seeing her on Last Comic Standing.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

smokeybeaver wrote:

How was the Kathleen Madigan show? I have enjoyed her work since seeing her on Last Comic Standing.

We really enjoyed the show as most all of her material was new. We've enjoyed watching her for a number of years now.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Ah, most sorry about your beloved pet, Jimmy. He's family, I'm sure.
Got beer???

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 pm
jstewart well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Ah, most sorry about your beloved pet, Jimmy. He's family, I'm sure.

Yes, he was. We rescued/adopted him a little over 5 years ago. He had been abandoned twice and had kennel cough and parasites when we brought him home. We are grateful for the time he spent with us and will be adopting/rescuing another boxer sometime soon. I need another helper, especially for the long overnight cooks!

Thanks,
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Return to General Discussion