Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rump roast

Rump roast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A week ago I pulled the last roast out of the freezer and grilled it up for sandwiches and lunches. I was happy to see that it actually had some fat and wasn't trimmed to death and overly lean.
Image Image

I gave it a good sprinkle of Weber's seasoned salt and put it in the fridge to rest, and it dawned on me that the Amana has a built-in spotlight. :lol: BTW, that Lowensenf Extra mustard is some good stuff...a little pricey at $4/jar but worth it IMO.

Last Sunday was a nice day and with the sun getting higher in the sky it's nice to be able to take some outdoor photos again. I might have to paint the top of the picnic table, though...my scanner doesn't like all that yellow!

I seared it on 1 side for about 5 minutes and it got a little dark so I kept it to 3-4 minutes for the other sides, and when they were done I moved it off the coals for an indirect finish.
Image Image

Should've pulled it a few minutes earlier but I still got plenty of pink.
Image Image

It wasn't a cheeseburger but medium-rare with Muenster was nice. :wink: Plus we had enough leftovers for 3 days of breakfasts and lunches, and that's a nice way to save a little money.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh yeah! Congratulations, Brad-- The meat even looks tender. And you've sold me already on that Monster cheese. :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

Muenster is a great buttery cheese for a cold roast beef sandwich. I love rump, but usually, like bottom round, need to slice it thin. I try to buy real big ones, so there is enough leftover to make cleaning the slicer worthwhile. That is a VERY nicely marbled roast.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks tasty! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion