Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Whole Packer Brisket Overnighter

Whole Packer Brisket Overnighter

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Posts: 3712
Location: Lexington, SC
Put it on at 11:00 last night... It was finished by 9:15 this morning. Maintained a 215-250 dome temp the entire time, and even got some sleep. :) it finished faster than I expected, but at least that meant I got to eat a brisket sandwich for lunch. :) I used the point and made burnt ends out of it for dinner. Unbelievably good...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The Burnt Ends were sauced with Stubbs Original. They were gee double oh oh dee gooood!!! :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Image

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2268
Location: Southern Californy
Awesome beauty! I too am a fan of Inglehoffer horsey sauce. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7115
Location: Stoughton, WI
Looks like an excellent brisket, right down to the smoke ring!

I like the Brede/Farmers brand of horseradish but I don't know if it's available on either coast (it's a Michigan product). Fortunately it's available online.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2268
Location: Southern Californy
ScreamingChicken wrote:
Looks like an excellent brisket, right down to the smoke ring!

I like the Brede/Farmers brand of horseradish but I don't know if it's available on either coast (it's a Michigan product). Fortunately it's available online.


Never seen/ tried that. Wasabi also really helps bring out the flavor, and ignites one's nose. Also mixes great with mustard or mayo or ketchup.
Got beer???

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:03 pm
JPET rare
rare

Posts: 46
Location: LOS ANGELES
How often did you get up to add wood or coal?

And the best horseradish is Atomic Horseradish. Hot as heck, and pure ingrediants.

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Posts: 3712
Location: Lexington, SC
JPET wrote:
How often did you get up to add wood or coal?

And the best horseradish is Atomic Horseradish. Hot as heck, and pure ingrediates.


Just added it at the beginning. The egg is extremely efficient, so the wood burns off slowly.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Image

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:14 pm
JPET rare
rare

Posts: 46
Location: LOS ANGELES
I only asked because you said "and even got some sleep".

I'm glad you have the egg, a real time saver.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
Dyal,

That's a thing of beauty!! love that creamy horseradish sauce too..
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Posts: 1541
Location: Seattle, WA
ScreamingChicken wrote:
Looks like an excellent brisket, right down to the smoke ring!

Yep. Pretty much took the words right outta my mouth. :D

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:06 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
Hey Dyal,

What is that between the thermometer and the egg, looks like cork?
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 am
tbk420 well done
well done

Posts: 721
Location: Western Pa.
sroach wrote:
Hey Dyal,

What is that between the thermometer and the egg, looks like cork?


Sometimes it's necessary to use a piece of wine cork to keep the thermometer probe from protruding too far into the interior of the Egg, in order to keep the probe from touching the food. Just bore a hole through the cork (I used an ice pick), and insert the probe through the hole.

I often do this when making pizza, as I like to get the pizza as high into the dome as possible.

Great looking brisket, Dyal - my mouth is watering! :D

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Posts: 243
Location: Illinois
A thing of beauty :!:

Greg
Image

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
tbk420 wrote:

Sometimes it's necessary to use a piece of wine cork to keep the thermometer probe from protruding too far into the interior of the Egg, in order to keep the probe from touching the food. Just bore a hole through the cork (I used an ice pick), and insert the probe through the hole.

I often do this when making pizza, as I like to get the pizza as high into the dome as possible.

Great looking brisket, Dyal - my mouth is watering! :D



Great idea.. Thanks.
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 pm
MN_BBQer medium
medium

Posts: 138
Location: Rosemount, MN
:shock:

Nice Job!!!
Let's have a few and talk BBQ!
CG PRO SFB


Return to General Discussion