Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brats on the Mini

Brats on the Mini

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am
Griffin well done
well done

Monday afternoon I dropped Mrs. G off at the airport. She's off to Germany (again) for work and won't be back till next week. Thinking about her in Germany and then our trip to Germany last summer got me wanting some German food. I'm no expert on cooking German cuisine, I'm sure I could find some recipes if I looked, but brats sounded close enough for me. Got the Egg fired up to 350 and threw some on.

Let them cook for a bit

Just a simple brat dinner along with some tots. Love me some tots. Not German, but who cares?

They were ok, nothing special. Certainly not as good as I remember this one being on the banks of the Main River

And what did Stacie have her first night in Germany? Some bratwurst? Knockwurst? Possibly some schnitzel? No...she had spaghetti? Yeah...sometimes I wonder about her.

I've got a recipe that I'll probably cook Thursday that will have a German spin on something we all love to bbq. I got high hopes for it. We'll see how it turns out

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice looking brats, Garfunkle! I'm eating a deer brat for lunch, as I'm typing this. :) Too bad you couldn't go to Germany again with Stacie this go around.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I think any German would gladly eat those brats you cooked up!

Any chance she could ship you some authentic German sausages without it costing an arm and a leg?

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 am
Griffin well done
well done

I've got to decide if I want to go back with her again in August. I might have to.

It would probably cost an arm and a leg, SC. You think she could smuggle some in with her carryon? think it would make it past the dogs?

Return to General Discussion