Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rib chops

Rib chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last week I grilled rib chops a couple of times. I spotted them in the store and since it felt like I hadn't done any for awhile I went ahead and bought them.

The first chops caught my eye because they had a nice amount of fat. :wink:

I seasoned them with salt and pepper and let them rest in the fridge during the day.
Image Image

I grilled them direct and even though they were really simple they were really good...I think this is my favorite of the different pork chops.

A couple of days later I was on my own for dinner so I stopped at the store on the way home for work and spotted a package of stuffed rib chops.

The label said that a sage & onion stuffing was used so I seasoned the chops with salt, pepper, ground sage, and a touch of olive oil.

I put them over a fairly hot (375-400) indirect fire with a chunk of apple added for smoke, and when they were done I held the open side directly over the coals to crisp the stuffing a bit. I've done stuffed chops this way once or twice before and they turn out pretty nice.
Unfortunately the person who assembled the chops also added some bits of raw celery and onion so I wound up spending more time picking them out of the stuffing than I did eating! :evil: If I had read the label more closely I would've known this and might not've bought them to begin with, but even so they were still pretty good.

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Beautiful.

I absolutely love good pork chops :D

Greg

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It seems that lately the only way I've been able to find rib chops is to buy them as part of a family/variety pack so I was happy to find them standalone. The majority of the smaller packages are loin chops; there's nothing wrong with them but given the choice I'd much rather have rib, shoulder, or sirloin chops.

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking chops Brad!
It’s hard to find rib chops around hear too :(

Return to General Discussion