Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Thermapen customer service #1

Thermapen customer service #1

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 am
smokeybeaver well done
well done

For Christmas 2011, I asked for and received several Thermapen products. One thing I have really liked have been the probe wipes featured here:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/accessories/probe_wipes.html

No more running the thermometer probes under running water with some dish soap.

I ran into a small problem this week. I noticed the lid of the tub was not on the tub tightly. I pulled a couple of wipes out of the tub, and they were completely dry.

I thought I might be able to revive them with either some vodka or Everclear. So I called Thermoworks since their phone number was right on the tub. I talked to Diane and she was not definitive on reviving the wipes. Diane offered to just mail me a new tub free. I told her it was not necessary, but she did it anyway.

This all happened on Tuesday. Today I received a box from Thermoworks. Diane and Thermoworks went above and beyond the call of duty for my goof. I am a customer for life.

PS I also asked if I could compost the used wipes. They suggested against composting them.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:53 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hearing about a company with good customer service never gets old!

I'll bet those wipes would be good for instant-read thermometers, too. I do the same thing: wipe them down with a soapy rag and then rinse in hot water.

Return to General Discussion