Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Garlicky pork and plain beef

Garlicky pork and plain beef

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A couple of cooks from earlier this week.

Awhile back I received a 4-in-1 jar of garlic seasonings and since I had 4 chops it seemed like as good a time as any to break it out. Starting at the lower left and going clockwise the chops were dusted with tex-mex garlic, French herb garlic, Asian garlic, and Italian herb garlic, and I salted the meat beforehand as the rubs are salt-free.
Image Image

The thin chops cooked up in no time and Mrs. Chicken had purchased a loaf of asiago/parmesan bread to serve with them. Truthfully it wasn't easy to distinguish between the different rubs because garlic was the predominant flavor in all of them, but eventually I decided that they were all pretty good.
Image Image

A couple of nights later I was cooking for just myself and since I still had 2 round steaks in the freezer I decided to try a high-heat sear on one with just salt and pepper as the seasonings.

We still had a little bread left from the pork chops so I cut 3 nice slices and buttered both sides for grilling.

The steak took up a good portion of my 18" grate and didn't take long to cook, and while it rested I grilled the bread. The meat turned out pretty good and had decent flavor, but even though I cut it into small pieces it still had that bit of toughness so common to round steak. No matter, I was expecting it. The bread (sorry, ran out of film) turned out really good, too, with its crispy grilled exterior and buttery flavor; it was the first time I'd grilled a "flavored" bread and it won't be the last.

Return to General Discussion