Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Certified Angus BurgundyPepper Spoon Roast

Certified Angus BurgundyPepper Spoon Roast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
WIGS rare
rare

Ok Guys- Give me some ideas on how I should prepare this roast. I have a grill that I can use as a smoker. Its a 4# roast. I plan on cooking it on Sunday when the high Temp will be 8. Freekin Wisconsin weather.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Is it a premarinated roast or are you starting from scratch? From what I could find online it appears a spoon roast is a piece of sirloin so my preference would be to grill it indirect to medium-rare.

scorched_porch medium-well
medium-well

Yeah, looks like a trade name for a bottom sirloin cut. I'm with Mr Chicken, I'd grill it Med rare - first on the coals (for a nice crust), then throw a bunch of fresh rosemary sprigs on the coals, move the meat off and finish indirect with the lid on. Good luck - can we see pictures?
Wood Fired Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

WIGS rare
rare

I ended up putting in a crock pot with boullion cubes for 6 hrs. Pulled away real easy and made sandwiches.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Can't say as I blame you, especially if you don't have a sheltered area for grilling! I guess you'll just have to try another roast in about 3 months! :wink:

Return to General Discussion