Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Just Some Plain Ole Wings

Just Some Plain Ole Wings

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am
Griffin well done
well done

We have been so busy lately with Christmas parties, trips out of town and Christmas shopping that we haven't done ANY Egging since that deep dish/pan pizza back on the 6th! Even when we do have time, we just simply have not had the energy.

Last night, Mrs. G was supposed to have a Girls Night out so I was determined to fix that and grill me up some wings. Wings get bought, rubbed down with some DP Dust and were air drying in the fridge. Get a call from SWMBO that the night out was canceled was canceled. There goes HALF my wings. Oh well, need to eat more rabbit food anyway.

Wings went on the Egg on a raised grate at 350F with some cherry wood for smoke. Think they went around 20 minutes or so. When they were done, they were tossed in a basic sauce of Franks, butter, siracha and some onion and garlic powder. It was cold and I was lazy, so no pics on the grill tonight.

I'll try and rack my brain for something to Egg tonight and I'm gearing up for Egging my first Prime Rib on the Egg for Christmas (and only my 2nd one to cook ever) Just gotta transport my Egg the long 10 miles to my parents house.

Wishing everybody Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka, Kwanzaa or Festivus or however you roll. ;)

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Looks great! Haven't done wings in a while, will have to add to my list of things to do when I can get some grilling time in. And Like your idea of adding sriracha.
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good-looking plate, Griff! When I was raiding the freezer yesterday morning I wound up choosing drumsticks over wings, but I just might have to cook the wings this weekend as well. I'm certainly going to have enough time!

Return to General Discussion