Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Piggyroast and happyburger

Piggyroast and happyburger

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:39 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Awhile back I'd purchased a pork sirloin roast on a whim so Saturday I looked through my books for a recipe and finally decided to use the rub from the Cedar Smoked Pork Loin recipe in Weber's Big Book of Grilling. After rubbing it was wrapped tightly in plastic and allowed to rest overnight in the fridge.
Image Image

Since the roast was going to be Sunday supper I needed to come up with something for lunch, and since I wanted it to be simple I settled on a couple of half-pound burgers seasoned with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and fresh pepper.
Image Image

I swear that this is just how the burgers turned out and there was no manipulation on my part! :lol:

Mrs. Chicken topped hers with lettuce, mayo, ketchup, and mustard.
Image Image

After a couple of hours it was time to get back to the roast. It was a little darker after its time in the fridge and the herbs were quite fragrant.

I hadn't used the rotisserie for awhile so I set up the 22" Weber with a mix of lump and briquettes, and it took about an hour (first check was 45 minutes in) at 350-375 to pass the 140 mark.

I had wanted to toss on a couple of chunks of apple wood but people were napping and I didn't want to wake them up with the power miter saw, so there was no smoke per se but I still managed to get a little bit of a smoke ring.
Image Image

The potatoes were partially cooked in the microwave before I put them directly under the roast while it cooked, and while I was hoping that maybe they'd get basted by a few drippings there were none to speak of. Still, they were fine and the pork itself was flavorful and moist - not really beef-like juicy but moist. The flavors of the herbs really came through and I think it helped that instead of mixing the salt into the rub I salted the roast separately as the first step.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking spread!!

Return to General Discussion