Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Black Olive Grill

Black Olive Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm
Nick medium-rare
medium-rare

I was just in my local BBQ/Wood Stove retailer, and saw something very interesting. Its called the Black Olive, and its a pellet fed ceramic cooker/smoker. Think Trager meets BGE. I was pretty impressed by the idea, although price was just over $1600, but someone may be able to afford it..... Anyone heard/used this grill, I'd love to hear about it, their site is http://www.blackolivegrill.com
Primo XL Oval
BeefEater Discovery 1000e 3-burner

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks pretty interesting but the price is a little steep for me. The kids put a strain on my disposable income. :wink:

And if given the choice I'd much rather eat a black olive than a green egg. :lol:

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Looks pretty interesting but the price is a little steep for me. The kids put a strain on my disposable income. :wink:

And if given the choice I'd much rather eat a black olive than a green egg. :lol:

Yes - it looks like quite a grill. It makes me wonder if BGE might come up with a pellet feeder for their units as a result of this grill, in fact. Still, it's out of my price range right now too.

And no - I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am. (But BGEs and other kamado-style grills are a completely different story). :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion