Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion St. Louis pork chops

St. Louis pork chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I had a couple of fairly thin pork chops and I wanted to do something more than just grill them, so I flipped through my books until I came across the St. Louis Pork Steaks in BBQ USA. Even though steaks have a lot more marbling I figured the recipe would work well with the chops because they were the bone-on rib cut, and would be less likely to dry out than a boneless loin chop.

I salted and rubbed on the chops and let them sit in the fridge for about 24 hours.
Image Image

The recipe calls for a sweet, Maull's-style sauce but I didn't have any, and since I had 2 chops I figured I might as well try 2 different sauces. After grilling 1 side I flipped them and added the sauce while the other side cooked, but I only sauced the 1 side because I didn't want the sauce to burn.
Image Image

It had been a long time - years, even - since I'd last sauced chops and I'd forgotten how good they could be. When I was younger sauce was the only way to get my dad's extremely well-done chops down but it's a whole different thing when the chops would be fine on their own.

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Looks and sounds Delicious!!
The Holiday wore me out and I have not had a chance to grill any thing. This meal definitely motivates me to get back to grilling.

Return to General Discussion