Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion One BGE is just not enough..............

One BGE is just not enough..............

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

I picked up a large Big Green Egg this past spring.
It has totally changed my cooking habits.

On occasion I have realized that it is just not big enough for my wants.

should I get a second?

Yesterday I stumbled into a place and found a XL BGE for 25% off :shock: :shock:

Today I bought my Christmas gift to me :mrgreen:

Now the proud owner of a large and Extra large BGE.........................Life is good!

Greg

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice pickup, Greg! Was it a demo/floor model?

2beast medium-well
medium-well

It is a floor model and includes the plate setter and pizza stone 8)

hrchdog well done
well done

Do they have any more floor models?
Wes

2beast medium-well
medium-well

There were a couple more.
It was either a medium or small and a mini.

Griffin well done
well done

Nice score. WE recently got a mini. The large was plenty big enough for just the two of us and for most of the entertaining we do. Now, the mini is seeing more action then the large, especially for quick weeknight cooks. But that's just a personal thing. Congrats on your x-large. I'm sure it will see plenty of use.

Nick medium-rare
medium-rare

That size concern is what sold me on the Primo, its very versatile when it comes to size. The BGE XL is VERY big if I remember right, that should take care of you for about anything/size!!!! Congrats of the new addition!!
Primo XL Oval
BeefEater Discovery 1000e 3-burner

2beast medium-well
medium-well

I have been using the large a lot this year.

Seems It is absolutely crammed full sometimes.
Between family and friends, sometimes the group can get pretty good sized :wink:

I picked up the XL tonight and while I was there i started looking at that mini........................No, NO , no :lol:

Greg

Griffin well done
well done

Mini is great for small cooks. A steak to split, chicken breasts. While your meat rests, you can grill up some quick veggies. You can actually get 6 chicken legs on it, I know. I've done plenty of personal pizzas that were slightly smaller than 8" (that's the size of my pizza stones), great for pizza parties where the guests can each customize their own.

Whatever sizes you have, its always great to have two. You can be doing appetizers or grilling on one, while you are doing low and slow on the other. Or baking on one. It opens up whole new worlds.

Return to General Discussion