Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler & River Campout

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler & River Campout

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:31 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Went camping at the Blue River in Oklahoma this weekend. I've been going there every year Thanksgiving weekend since I was a kid. Anyhow, we did a lot of campfire cooking, but I just didn't get too many pics. I did snap one pic of a dutch oven peach cobbler I made and it was MAGNUM! :)

tex
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's really nice scenery, Tex. How were the temperatures? Do you get together with siblings, cousins, and the like? Since you go every Thanksgiving it'd be a perfect time to try the trash can turkey recipe from BBQ USA!

So aside from the cobbler what all did you eat?

tex_toby well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's really nice scenery, Tex. How were the temperatures? Do you get together with siblings, cousins, and the like? Since you go every Thanksgiving it'd be a perfect time to try the trash can turkey recipe from BBQ USA!

So aside from the cobbler what all did you eat?

Temps weren't bad at all - 60's during the day, around 30 at night. We have a group of friends that have been doing this trip for years and we leave early Friday morning after Thanksgiving and stay until Sunday. This year we cooked pork chops, sausages, brats and I cooked a big'ol pot of chicken and dumplings. :) It's a nice, beautiful place only a little over an hour from home. The river is stocked with trout and we use to fish all of the time, but nobody even took a pole this year. We just sat around a fire, ate and did a whole bunch of nuthin! :) I look forward to it every year.

tex
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I can see why you look forward to it! Sounds like you ate well! :wink:

For Thanksgiving Day we had similar temperatures but Friday they were about 30-35 degrees lower.

BBcue-Z well done
well done

Awesome sceneries- the food and the view :D
I love to go camping and have not had a chance to do it lately. The best part of camping is cooking all three meals over open fire :)

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Good times!!! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion