Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Monster Cheeseburger SC Did Not Post

The Monster Cheeseburger SC Did Not Post

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Screaming Chicken got me going on his Muenster cheeseburger. Since he did not post pics, I'm taking the liberty to do so for him. :wink: Please forgive the quality of these pics-- I just got this camera and am using it for the first time. I have a learning curve to pass.

First of all, it was California cold here today-- by no means cold to some of you, but too chilly for this blood. I got to feeling a bit nostalgic, so I did the unthinkable-- wait for it... I lit the coals.

Time to bring out the cast of characters in this cookout. Besides Brad's Muenster cheese, there's leafy green lettuce, beefsteak tomato, red onion, dill pickle, and my "secret sauce" (mayo and ketchup).

The gridiron is hot and on go the turkey patties and red onion. Strangely, I have actually come to the point where nine times out of ten I prefer turkey to beef!

Talk about a short cookout. Well, you all know how that goes. Burgers and onion have grilled, so it's time to melt the cheese and toast the buns. I brushed the buns with melted bacon drippings before toasting. I tell you, for those who do not know, man will that ever take a burger up a notch or so.

Now all we have to do is build this Monster cheeseburger up on the plate in the heart of some Freedom fries. I also used 100% whole wheat buns. Screaming Chicken was certainly right-- Muenster cheese is delish!!! (Thanks, Brad--Worth singing about, indeed) There is just no burger in town that can compare to the one you make for yourself! (I could also call this my 'Microsoft' Burger, because it has the 'Works' ) :P :D

Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That is truly a monster burger!! :shock: :D I see that the patties are fairly thin; I like my beef burgers somewhat thicker but I think if I tried that with turkey and cooked it all the way through the burger would be dry.

Glad you got the camera issue resolved. Did you get the same model that you ordered originally?

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That is truly a monster burger!! :shock: :D I see that the patties are fairly thin; I like my beef burgers somewhat thicker but I think if I tried that with turkey and cooked it all the way through the burger would be dry.

Glad you got the camera issue resolved. Did you get the same model that you ordered originally?

Brad, honestly and no kidding, I could also appropriately call this a D.o.d.g.e Burger (Drips oil, drops grease everywhere). If you look at the last pic, you might be able to see how supply the patties bow across the bun. A dry burger would not do that. See, when the patties are thin, their time exposure to the heat is minimal, so they do not dry out. Add to that all the wet ingredients and double cheese, and yum, yum, yum. But now and then I do make and enjoy more of a thicker pub style. All depends on the accoutrements that are going to go on it.

As for the camera, yes I did get the same model. The original online retailer said they could either replace the order or refund my money. During all that time of waiting, I noticed the price had significantly dropped. So, I told them to go ahead and replace the order if they honored the new lower price. The response was that was against company policy. :shock: ??? (Have to question the prudence on that one, especially considering the circumstances). C'est la vie, lo and behold, I found the same model in town for the same price! What timing! :D

Oh yeah,... luv these new fangled models with the cmos sensors over the old CCD type!
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Glad to hear you were able to get the camera but it sounds like the customer service of the company you initially ordered from leaves a little something to be desired.

What kind of ground turkey do you use? The store where I shop carries the Jennie-O brand and it's ground breast meat with added "natural flavorings", which I suspect involves broth or stock, and is apparently 99% lean. I thought about picking up a package (why 20 oz. instead of 16?) but figured I'd check with somebody who makes burgers on a somewhat regular basis.

I also saw some ground chicken that looked like it might be an in-house product...might have to keep that in mind for the future.

And while I didn't buy the turkey I did buy some beer. :lol:

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Brad, that's what happens when these companies outsource services and manufacturing to places like India and China. And I'm not picking on the countries so much as I'm picking on the company. Though I'm tired of all the counterfeit goods that come from some of these places. Blame me for being a trumpeter for "Made in 'Marica."

Great and fun little camera, though. I only wish my last pic I would have done without the flash and gone a higher iso. I've discovered this camera shoots great in the dark, and with the most minimal of noise!

The turkey I used in this instance was an 85/15 lean, in-house brand from a store called "Smart & Final." (Did I say Fart & Smile?) However, I have enjoyed Jennie-O, but in the 93/7 version. 99% just might be a little too lean. I don't know if it would hold together too well in patty form. Jennie-O also makes prefab patties, and I have to admit that they are respectable as well, even though they be frozen. Like you, I don't get the 20 oz. package either. I have seen with some products though how they have diminished the size of their packages as a sly way of raising the price without raising the price!

I've done ground chicken as well. Interesting twist. I wouldn't make it my go to, but it is most worthwhile to do. I believe the chicken shrinks with cooking the most of all the options. :D
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Incredible looking burger! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Incredible looking burger! :)

Chef Dyal, my Friend!!! How/Where have you been? Did hurricane Sandy get to you? Glad at least to see you up and goin' again. Thanks for the compliment. :D
Got beer???

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Hey good buddy! Nope, Sandy didn't affect us much where I live. Hope you've been doing well! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Hey good buddy! Nope, Sandy didn't affect us much where I live. Hope you've been doing well! :)

Glad to hear it. I've been doing well enough-- Better to be 6 feet above the ground than 6 feet below it. :lol:
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion