Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What's going on this weekend? Yesterday I was tapped to provide some pork for an entry into the annual company chili contest so I'll be smoking a small butt this weekend as well as maybe doing a little grilling. I'll probably pick up something for dinner tonight when I go get the butt...this week I've been thinking about trying some chicken with pesto under the skin.

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

And Happy Friday to you, Brad :D

Mmmmm... some heartwarming chili sure sounds good to me. I picked up some Monster cheese. Betcha can't guess what I'm gonna do with that? I also have a picnic roast I can fire up. I'll probably be cooking in the rain. Upside is this kind of weather makes the hickory smoke smell better to me.
Got beer???

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:46 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Last night it tried a recipe from the Big Green Egg Cookbook for the first time - chili-spiced pork tenderloin with caramelized blackberry sauce, and it was amazing. I really need to find the time to start taking and posting pictures again lol. I'm still undecided as far as the weekend goes. Really been in the mood to try some new stuff.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:16 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Wish the weekend forecast was better...

Tonight doing Hotdogs on the Gasser and the rest of the weekend is rain :(

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm
BBQ Deputy

Still sunny down here...get out and some cooking quick! :lol:

Bought my pork butt for chili and a jar of imported pesto yesterday...I'm pretty much ready to go.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm
BBQ Deputy

Been a productive Sunday so far...got the butt on the WSM at 9:15, finished up some raking and assorted yardwork, did a little auto maintenance, and now I think I can take the rest of the day off with no regrets. :wink: The wife and daughters are out doing some shopping so I'm thinking of popping out to the grocery store for something to grill for lunch, once I secure the WSM. It's on a dirt floor and there's nothing around it, so all I really need to do is close the garage door so no stray critters can cause trouble.

Return to General Discussion