Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Game 3 Meal Meatball Kebobs Meet Pizza

Game 3 Meal Meatball Kebobs Meet Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I was due for this, and what better a time than a supersports weekend?

First task was to make the little baseballs... I mean meatballs. Mix the ground beef with all the goodies like bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, parsley, crushed red pepper, etc. They handle real nicely when you get the bat... I mean the skewers on them. And it's off to the pit to cook them indirect.

Now they're ready to finish topping my pizza. Once again, I made a 100% whole wheat dough, with homemade sauce, and Moozarella. Used my GraniteWare pizza pan to hold it. Switched over to a direct heat, but I made sure to get my hickory smoking first to enjoy that woodfired flavor.

It does not take long at all to cook with the GraniteWare. In fact, I done overdid this one a tad-- call it a "Pumpernickel" crust if you like :lol: , but you know what?-- It didn't matter! To my surprise, it was still quite the treat, and I had no regrets. I guess it's kind of like some people like a light toast, while others like a really dark toast.

Here is a closer look. Oh yeah, I got a few bell pepper strips on there too. Mmmm...meatballs on a deep crust! :D

Got beer???

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

:shock: :shock: :shock: That is freakin' awesome!!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Well, thank you Dyal :D Now the beauty is I've got an easy go of it for both Game 4 and the Chargers today as well. Woohoo! :D
Got beer???

jsperk well done
well done

Awesome looking pizza. Those meat balls look killer.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Griffin well done
well done

Looks great...well....all except them green things on the pizza. :wink:

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you Jsperk and Griffin :D

Looks great...well....all except them green things on the pizza.

Griffin, would you rather they be blue? :wink:
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those meatballs look mighty tasty, BC...did you use all of them on the pizza or did you save a few for some pasta sauce? I suppose I could count them to be sure but I'm taking the lazy way out. :lol:

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 am
jstewart well done
well done

That is one killer looking pizza!!! With all of those meatballs, you could feed quite a crowd.....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Griffin well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Thank you Jsperk and Griffin :D

Looks great...well....all except them green things on the pizza.

Griffin, would you rather they be blue? :wink:

Red, orange or yellow would have been ok, I can't stand green bell peppers. (And yeah, I get where the blue comment came from)

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you for your kindness, Brad and Jimmy :D

Those meatballs look mighty tasty, BC...did you use all of them on the pizza or did you save a few for some pasta sauce? I suppose I could count them to be sure but I'm taking the lazy way out.

Brad, I used all but one on the pizza (quality control purposes). :wink:

With all of those meatballs, you could feed quite a crowd.....

Jimmy, you're not kidding... I cut the pizza into 8 slices, and 2 per meal were enough to fill me up (that, and a salad)! How did your cookout go??? :D

Red, orange or yellow would have been ok, I can't stand green bell peppers. (And yeah, I get where the blue comment came from)

Oh, I'm sorry, Griffin. I appreciate that. Can't say that I'd approve of liver on there. Anyway, here we go, just for you, I am fixing it... They're red now (although I can't say I'm too happy about the green meatballs-- I try to avoid those). :D

Got beer???

harry_canyon well done
well done

St. Patrick's day pizza!

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

harry_canyon wrote:
St. Patrick's day pizza!

Take care,

Derek

There ya go, Derek... and a bit of green beer with which to wash it down. I suppose this pizza would work for Christmas as well!
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion