Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork chops and steak

Pork chops and steak

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A friend of mine brought me some mustard sauces from the American Royal so last Tuesday I used them and a little white wine vinegar to marinate some pork chops overnight.
Image Image

Because they were fairly thin it didn't take long to cook them, and the cast iron gave them some good grill marks. I liked the flavor of the sauces and because one of them is spicy the chops had some good but not overpowering heat.
Image Image

I've been on my own since the middle of this week and last night I decided to save a little money and eat in, so I stopped on my way home from work and picked up a pork steak and a twice-baked potato.

I put some garlic powder on one side and some onion powder on the other, and then I added some soy sauce to create a wet rub.

After letting the steak marinate for a bit I put it on the grill over some Kingsford Competition briquettes left over from baseball tailgating this summer.

Oops! I cooked the potato a bit too much but it was still good. The combination of garlic, onion, and soy has been one of my go-tos for years but prior to last night it had been a long time since I'd used it, so it was a nice decision.
Image Image

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

All looks mighty pretty and more preferable to anything you'd get from the restaurant, Brad! Seeing those grill marks makes me hungry all over again. Garlic, onion, and soy-- I use all them in my marinade for beef jerky, and I, too, am quite fond of that combination. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great looking meals! Never seen those brands of mustard-based sauces before.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Looks great. that Kentucky sauce sounds and looks very good.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion