Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Eggtoberfest 2012...pic intensive!

Eggtoberfest 2012...pic intensive!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife and I had a blast at this years Eggtoberfest. Can't wait for 2013's!

Great food at the meet and greet!

And a couple of outstanding performers--Brent Anderson and Kendall Marvel.

Incredible fireworks display too!

Look at this guy!! What a handsome fella! Must be a male plus sized model. lol

Whipped up a couple of deer fatties. They seemed to be a big hit! Brent Anderson told me it was the best thing he ate all day! :) I had several people come back requesting the recipe after he told others about it. Made me and the Mrs. very happy to hear that!

My gorgeous bride chillin'...

And here is that handsome fella again posing with the most Mac Daddy smoker ever!

And a few more random pix:

Some piri piri wings that I whipped up:

We had an incredible time! Can't wait for next years already!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks like a great time! Do you automatically get to cook on one? Or do you specify that somewhere?

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

EddieK1376 wrote:
Looks like a great time! Do you automatically get to cook on one? Or do you specify that somewhere?

It was a great time, Eddie! You have to sign up to be a cook at the fest. The tickets sell out very quickly, so you gotta sign up fast.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Why, I'd dance like Mr. Bo Jangles to be at that event! Eggsactly the kind of party I could enjoy. Even very colorful looking. Was there any music, Dyal? Funny, seeing all those Eggs together makes me think of "Mork from Ork." Nanu, nanu! :D

***Edit note: Oooops, silly me... now I see the musicians on stage. :oops: But what kind of music did they play?
Last edited by beercuer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got beer???

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 am
Griffin well done
well done

Notice in all the pics with Dyal that the photographer made sure not to include his skinny chicken legs?

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Thanks for sharing Dyal. Glad to see your goodies were a big hit! I'm not surprised, but it must've been very gratifying. I noticed you need to buy the tickets in August and August is when a quarterly Apple dividend check heads my way. This year it helped pay for my egg, next year I think it will pay for my airfare and hotel and tickets to the Eggtoberfest. I've already cleared it with SWMBO while we were watching the YouTube video of the 2012 Eggtberfest. She's happy as long as she doesn't have to go. So I'm going to try and make it down next year for sure. At least that's the plan right now any way. Oh and for the record I think the Mayans are full of hooey.

One thing that surprised me, was when you said Mrs. Dyal was chilling you meant that in more ways than one. I was surprised at the heavy winter coats you guys were wearing. We already had our first frost a couple weeks ago here, but I figured it would still be warmer than it looked in Atlanta this time year.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx, fellas'! Even you Griffin...;)

BC, they played country music for the most part. Brent Anderson and Kendall Marvel are songwriters, but they also perform. Brent Anderson and I talked for hours. He's a very, very talented songwriter and musician, and he's a very down to earth guy...He's very young in his career, but I know he'll go very far. My wife and I bought both his and Kendall's CD's while we were there. Gave us something to listen to on our way back home. :) Brent's music is more acoustic than country, but I'd place him in the country category if I had to choose one. Kendall is VERY country....:)....he even wrote the song "Startin' With Me" that Jake Owen performs....and the song "Whoop A Man's A$$" that Trace Adkins performs.

Jim, you won't regret the trip!! There were people from all over the world there. My wife and I were stationed directly behind that Canadian group you saw in the video. We were on the other side of the fence. The red cooler you see through the fence was ours. I had no idea there was a youtube video until you mentioned it. I just got done watching it. I even spoke to the dude hosting the video while attending the meet and greet. I didn't know he was the host. He was telling me a funny story about the 2011 Eggtoberfest....said that Kendall Marvel announced on stage that a pair of woman's eyeglasses were found ....it ended up being the host's glasses. :lol: :lol: The same pair he is wearing in the video :lol: ...... The temperature was absolutely perfect. It fluctuated between 48 deg f in the morning to 70 deg f in the afternoon. Zero rain as well. Couldn't get any better. I hope you make it next year! I'll most definitely be there.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
...BC, they played country music for the most part. Brent Anderson and Kendall Marvel are songwriters, but they also perform. Brent Anderson and I talked for hours. He's a very, very talented songwriter and musician, and he's a very down to earth guy...He's very young in his career, but I know he'll go very far. My wife and I bought both his and Kendall's CD's while we were there. Gave us something to listen to on our way back home. :) Brent's music is more acoustic than country, but I'd place him in the country category if I had to choose one. Kendall is VERY country....:)....he even wrote the song "Startin' With Me" that Jake Owen performs....and the song "Whoop A Man's A$$" that Trace Adkins performs. ...

How about that?-- You even had professional talent there. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion