Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Friday Night Ribs

Friday Night Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 pm
Griffin well done
well done

I had a cousin come through Dallas last night and he crashed at our house. I thought I'd be a good cousin and show this Georgia boy how we do ribs down here in Texas. These ribs got a blend of 1:1:1 of Dizzy Pig Dust, Stubbs Rub and Fiesta Rib Rub. I came up with this concoction awhile back when I was going to make ribs and realized I was just about out of Dust. Mixed them together and really like the combination so I've been remaking it and using it on other things.

Ribs went on around 3 at 250 using a mix of hickory chunks and cherry wood chips. Used an old rib rack that I've had for years.

After a couple hours, once the ribs had started to form a bark, I pulled the rib rack and laid them out flat.

3 hours in, they got wrapped in foil with some butter and beer to braise for an hour.

After an hour, unwrapped them and put them back on along with a fresh sprinkling of some rub to set the bark

One rack was pulled after about 30 minutes (it was bit smaller than the other two and finished quicker), The other two went just about a full hour for a total of 5 hours.

Not much of a smoke ring, but they were pretty tasty.

Smoking some ribs is always a good way to wrap up a week. Family, food and booze. Great Friday night for sure.

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 pm
Joe Grod medium
medium

Looking mighty tasty.

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! I've never thought to mix commercial rubs together like that and it sounds like you put a good one together...now you need to reverse-engineer it so you can make it from scratch! :wink:

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Those are some tasty looking ribs. I haven't done ribs in awhile. I think I will smoke a rack this thursday since I'm off work.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am
Griffin well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Very nice! I've never thought to mix commercial rubs together like that and it sounds like you put a good one together...now you need to reverse-engineer it so you can make it from scratch! :wink:

I've been trying to get rid of all the rubs that I have in the pantry so I can get back to making my own, so I figured why not mix a few together and see what I could come up with. :wink:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks delicious! Nice job!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion