Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Looking for some ideas

Looking for some ideas

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:44 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Okay, I'm asking for some help. My younger son is coming home next weekend and when I brought up the subject of cooking, he asked for bbq :D :D When I asked about what he wanted, his response was "ribs and either something I haven't fixed for him or something I haven't tried at all." The only thing I haven't fixed for him is country style ribs and I've only cooked them indirect (still want to try them low and slow). I plan on firing up the Chargriller about noon or so on Saturday, so if anyone has some suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Jimmy, I find that some kind of ribs are always a memorable experience when special company is around. For some reason, just your basic steak and potatoes also seems to be memorable. My vote is to go with your heart-- if your gut pulls you toward country style ribs, that's probably the way to go. I know if you were at my house right now, I'd be firing up some pizzaburgers. :lol:
Got beer???

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:51 pm
jstewart well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Jimmy, I find that some kind of ribs are always a memorable experience when special company is around. For some reason, just your basic steak and potatoes also seems to be memorable. My vote is to go with your heart-- if your gut pulls you toward country style ribs, that's probably the way to go. I know if you were at my house right now, I'd be firing up some pizzaburgers. :lol:

And those pizzaburgers looked mighty good the other day!!!!!!

Thanks
Last edited by jstewart on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Why thank you, Jimmy! One more idea came to me. I have also found that of all things, some saucy bbq chicken with perhaps man 'n cheese on the side also makes for memorable times. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:53 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Jimmy, by "next weekend" I hope you mean "6 days from now"...

What about pork steaks done St. Louis-style? A couple of days ago I watched an episode of Cook's Country and they started by searing the steaks, then they braised them in a mixture of barbecue sauce and beer, and then finished them with a final trip over the coals. Plus there's an old BBQ U episode where Steven makes them.

Of course, for you the biggest challenge would be finding them...

Return to General Discussion