Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Up Some Salmon

Grilled Up Some Salmon

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Nothing fancy here tonight. Wanted a healthy meal, so we went with salmon. I wanted to play with the Mini some more, so we fired up that one. You know how it is with new toys? Mine was just seasoned with Old Bay, Mrs. G used some pesto that my brother and his g-friend made. Cooked at 250 with some apple wood chips for smoke.

Mine

Mrs. G's

I can already see why people who have Minis say they become their go to grill. Lights up quickly, faster than a large (i've just been using a paper towel soaked in canola oil) and uses less charcoal. Perfect for a small cook for two, for sure, but I'm glad that I have a Large for bigger cooks.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

Stop tempting me, man......Stop it!

**smokin'gal chants --"you do not need another egg...you do not need another egg"**

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The pesto salmon looks really good...I'm going to have to keep it in mind for a weekend sometime. Were you allowed to have a taste? :wink:

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 am
Griffin well done
well done

I didn't care much for my brother's pesto, so I skipped it. We've done a pesto salmon before. I remember it being good, but I burped garlic all night long.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks fantastic! My brother just went salmon fishing in the Florence, Oregon area... he was teasing me a bit, saying that his work place hired a personal chef to cook up the salmon they caught. I think I was more jealous of the chef than of my brother though. :lol: Bet his salmon wasn't half as tasty as the salmon coming off your Big Green Egg. ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I could certainly get into that salmon, Griff! The one with the pesto reminds me of a mexican recipe that tops the salmon with a cilantro-lime salsa (also uses green onions, jalapenos, and olive oil).
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion