Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My Saturday So Far

My Saturday So Far

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Woke up and made some pigs in a blanket on the Egg this morning. First time for me making breakfast on the Egg.

This afternoon, 12 lbs of pork shoulder ground up, 6 seasoned for bratwurst, 6 for Russian sausage. In the fridge now for the flavors to blend and we'll stuff them and cook some up tomorrow.

Bout to start some chili on the Egg. I'm going to be in a Chili Throwdown Oct 15th with three other Texas bloggers. Would love if you guys could check it out and vote for me. There will be prizes for some of the voters including a 6 qt cast iron dutch oven among other things. I'll let you know later on in the week where to check it out if you are interested.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow or Monday when I have time. Gotta get that chili going before guests start showing up. Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Sounds like a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The Russian sausage sounds interesting...can you compare it to anything that's fairly common here in the US?

Or is it just a mix of pork and vodka? :lol:

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Honestly, I have no idea. I got a bottle of Tsar Dust Memories from Penzey Spices (formerly called Russain sausage seasoning). Just now getting around to using it. Ingredients listed are salt, garlic, cinammon, black pepper, nutmeg and marjoram. We'll be stuffing them here in a bit and maybe trying them out today.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's an interesting combination of spices. Hopefully the sausages turned out well.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am
Griffin well done
well done

You want to hear something funny? After spending all that time grinding, mixing and stuffing the sausages.....neither of us felt like lookint at sausages any more, let alone cooking them so we ordered Chinese food. I'll grill some up tomorrow or the next day and see how they came out. The test patty that we fried up was tasty, though.

Return to General Discussion