Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Joining the Wang Gang

Joining the Wang Gang

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

There has been a variety of yummy wing posts recently, so I thought I could share another version here. My brother had a hankering to try out a new recipe. He wanted me to dress these with fresh squeezed lemon, Lawry's seasoned salt and crushed red pepper. I was happy to comply. Got 'em seasoned to start on the grill.

Cooked them direct. Got a little char going, and they're done.

And now for the moment of truth. It may be hard to discern, but I plated these with a cucumber salad doused in sour cream, s & p, and some all-important dill. Very complimentary side for wings. Also had an avocado to complete the meal. These were really tasty! Just a little crushed red goes a long way in putting on the heat. My brother and I were quite happy about it. :D

Got beer???

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I stopped at the store on my way home last night and looked at the family pack of wings...and decided not to buy them. :?: :?: :?:

Looks like yours turned out great, BC! I've never tried spritzing them with lemon before so that'll be something to investigate.

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Dang, I'd love to sink my fangs into one of those wangs. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Direct grilling wings can be tough, but it looks like you truly nailed it. Wish I was there to nibble on a few of those! Nicely done.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you, men :D

I stopped at the store on my way home last night and looked at the family pack of wings...and decided not to buy them.

I know how that goes too, Brad. Sometimes after passing on the wings, I opt for the leg drums and treat them like wings, as they are 1/3 the price. :D

Dang, I'd love to sink my fangs into one of those wangs.

:lol: O, you're a poet, I'll have you know it, Dyal. Clever, clever... .

Direct grilling wings can be tough, but it looks like you truly nailed it. Wish I was there to nibble on a few of those! Nicely done.

Jim, if you were here, I'd have to also entertain you with what happens when I direct grill leg quarters. We're talkin' good times and lotsa fun. I learned how to deal with flare ups from the getgo, as I got my first start grilling on an hibachi, which is merciless. And that was back in the days before they started trimming the fat off steaks. Remember? :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion