Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Royal Oak Dwindling Again...

Royal Oak Dwindling Again...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

FYI, for those of you who use Royal Oak from Walmart. I've noticed that their supply of Royal Oak is starting to dwindle again...that time of the year I guess. I have 4 bags in my garage, but I'm going to go ahead and stockpile a bunch of it in my shed soon. Just giving y'all a heads up in case you want to do the same. Those crazy people think that grilling stops after Summer. :roll: :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

People around here aren't big on Walmart, so the closest one isn't close at all. I've been buying mine through the Do-It-Best website and having it delivered for free to a local participating hardware store. I get the 17.8 lb bags of RO lump and the 40 lb bags of RO 100% natural hardwood briquettes. Got close to 300 lbs to last me for a while.

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 am
Griffin well done
well done

I just bought 3 bags last weekend, but Wal-Mart stocks it year round down here.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:56 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Walmart around here usually stocks it year round, but we did hit a spell late last year where you couldn't find any. I haven't noticed a decrease in the local stock, but I'm gonna have to give it a look to make sure.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Hit my walmart this evening to pick up some pork chops for the grill and they were fully stocked with RO lump.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Griffin wrote:
I just bought 3 bags last weekend, but Wal-Mart stocks it year round down here.

It's stocked at Wal-Mart year-round up here as well, but it dwindles from several pallets of briquettes and lump down to one pallet each around Sept 15.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion