Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Baby Back Ribs and ABTs

Baby Back Ribs and ABTs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 am
Griffin well done
well done

So glad football season is here again. All we need is one more reason to fire up the smoker, right? Decided on some baby back ribs as I have not done them in years, I usually go with spares. Rubbed down with a 2/2/1 mixture of DP Dust, Stubbs Rub and Fiesta Rib Rub (I'm trying to use up all my rubs so I can start blending my own again)

Threw them on the smoker at 250 with a mix of hickory and apple

A few hours later they were joined by some ABTs

Rather than going the 2-2-1 method, I opted for a modified 2.5-0.5-1.5 method which seemed to get my ribs done perfectly to my liking, not falling off the bone, but with just a bit of pull.

I feel like that by blending the three rubs, it added a bit of depth and complexity that none had on their own. Just reaffirmed my decision to start blending my own rubs from scratch again.

My Baylor Bears put up a strong showing, the ribs came out nicely and no work on Monday. All in all.....could my Sunday have been any better? I think not.

Baby Back Ribs

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Griffin wrote:
All in all.....could my Sunday have been any better? I think not.
I find it impossible to disagree! :D

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Those look great Griff! I like my ribs dry as well but everyone else in my family likes them presauced for the glaze....I've also found the 2-2-1 method if you leave them for the entire 2 hours in foil they are just falling apart...I usually pull them a tad early as well.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:51 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yep, I agree....it doesn't get any better than that. Great lookin' grub, Grif!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin, I like your inspired idea of blending rubs. What kind of particular flavor(s) do you like? I could easily see myself gnawing on those bones in front of a Chargers game! :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion