Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sunday cooking..a couple of pics..now with Monday Ribs..done

Sunday cooking..a couple of pics..now with Monday Ribs..done

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
jstewart well done
well done

I finally decided to cook some BCCs and ribs this weekend, so today were the BCCs. My wife asked if we could pick up something to inject in the chicken breasts to add some flavor. We needed to go to the grocery store because I decided we were going to have some of that "blue cheese and bacon cole slaw" and figured we could look in the spice aisle. I'm not a bit "white meat" eater, but since my wife was asking.... We picked up one of the Weber mixes

I mixed them up and injected in the breasts of both of the chickens, each of which weighed around 5 pounds or so. Here is chicken #1:

and here is chicken #2:

Here are the green beans while they are cooking in EVOO and some pressed garlic:

I also fixed the blue cheese cole slaw. My wife commented that the blue cheese was a bit "heavy" last time, so I cut the amount in half. She was a happy camper. She also liked the flavor in the chicken breasts with the injection. :lol: :lol:

Sorry, no finished product pictures because I was awfully hungry by that time. I'll try to do better tomorrow with the ribs and corn.
Last edited by jstewart on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

jfm0830 well done
well done

Boy Jimmy aren't you just a big tease! Everything was looking real good and then I scroll further down the page and ... :shock:

Do try to do better today with the pictures. :wink:

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Jimmy, I can understand why you were distracted and hungry...the chicken and beans look really good! :wink:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 pm
jstewart well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Boy Jimmy aren't you just a big tease! Everything was looking real good and then I scroll further down the page and ... :shock:

Do try to do better today with the pictures. :wink:

Jim

Sorry about that :( :( It took me longer than I had planned to get the temps up and keep them there, so consequently, it took longer to finish and I just flat forgot about pics.....I'll be putting on some ribs today and I'll take some pics and post.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

jstewart well done
well done

Prepped the ribs a little while ago, one rack of babybacks and one rack of beef ribs. Used my standard EVOO with fresh ground pepper and coarse kosher salt. The rack of beef ribs sure are meaty!!

The ribs are sitting the fridge right now while I'm waiting for the temp to come up in the smoker. Spent a little time cleaning up and getting rid of items I no longer use. I also had my "supervision" out there while I'm getting things ready to go. See, they are hard at work!!!

Just put the ribs on a few minutes ago and added some apple chunks. They are cooking along at about 225......

They have been on for 3 hours now with the temps holding pretty steady at 225-235. After one hour I sprayed with apple juice and repeated after 2 hours. Now, after three hours, they are ready for the foil!

Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

jstewart well done
well done

After two hours in the foil, it was time to take the ribs out. Here they are after one final spray of apple juice and another sprinkling of coarse kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I also put the corn on the cob on for a bit to take on some of the smoke.

After a little over six hours, the ribs were done. I took the corn and put it in foil with some butter, salt and pepper and put directly over the remaining coals in the SFB. Along with the corn and ribs, we also had some leftover blue cheese/bacon cole slaw from yesterday. Here is dinner.

All in all, it has been a good weekend.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

jfm0830 well done
well done

Mmmmm, mmmmn, good! Beef & pork ribs in one meal :P You treated yourself well indeed. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

BTW it looks like your "Supervisors" took the day off too.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Really nice smoke rings on the ribs, Jimmy!

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nicely done all the way around! My wife and I had some blue cheese and bacon coleslaw yesterday and today as well. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BBcue-Z well done
well done

Very nice feast!!
I bet you had a great Labor Day weekend :)

jstewart well done
well done

Thank you to all! Yes, it turned out to be a good weekend of cooking. The ribs, both beef and babybacks were really delicious. And yes, my supervisors fell down on the job.....but I have to admit, they really enjoy laying out in the sun and they do a good job of it! That blue cheese cole slaw is absolutely wonderful. For anyone who hasn't tried it, you're cheating yourselves......

PS-the leftovers were delicious for lunch today :D :D and guess what???? I have some more for tomorrow :D :D
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh wow, them ribs look loaded with flavor, Jimmy! Way to go!!!
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion