Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Talk me into buying an XL Big Green Egg!

Talk me into buying an XL Big Green Egg!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Griffin well done
well done

I broke my ceramic cap before summer started. Still haven't replaced it. I cover the top hole with some aluminum foil and then put the DFMT on top of that. Not worried about mine rusting because its got a good coating on it from all the use it had. I'll replace it some day, but for now, this works for me.

BillyQ medium-well
medium-well

We just ate some boneless rib sanwiches. Oh my goodness. This thing was easier to control than my gas smoker, and the flavor was even better. It must be a charcoal thing. Thanks griffin. Gonna use your suggestion for the cap. Thank you to everyone for making my first cook in the egg a success!

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Welcome to the family, Billy!

hrchdog well done
well done

I new you would be happy with the XL, i've used a dutch oven to do cakes and brownies in mine also. Wait till you do pizza in it!!
Wes

BillyQ medium-well
medium-well

Just got off the phone with BGE. Told them the story of my top cover accident. They're gonna send me a new, plus some gasket material to put around the outer chimney to make it more snug. No questions asked! This is another reason I went with the BGE. I actually got to speak with someone in customer service. How novel!

Previous

Return to General Discussion