Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion A Taste of Germany Part I

A Taste of Germany Part I

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

It always seems like vacations just fly by. I can't believe it's over. I can't believe I'm back at work the next day. Ugh...its 9:40am but my body is trying to tell me its 4:40pm still. Power through it is the only thing to do. I'm going to be updating my blog over the next few days (weeks, how ever long it takes) to share some of the food, beers and other things with you guys if you don't mind. This is just day one, BTW.

Romerberg Plaza, or the Old Town. Actually, it's not all that old as they had to rebuild it after WWII, but they tried to match it as closely as they could to its original state.

Beers on Romerberg Plaza

Schnitzel - This was a fellow husband of one of Mrs. G's co-workers meal. It was outstanding

Jager Scnitzel - MRs. G loves mushrooms, so it was a no brainer that she ordered this.

Nurnberger Bratwurst - I had to choose the sausage. Very tasty but not like brats you get here.

I hope you checked on my blog while I was gone. I had guest posters subbing in for me and they made pulled pork, smoked 'loney, chile rellenos, a breakfast fatty and some marinated grilled steak. They all looked wonderful and I can't wait to try and duplicate some of them myself.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Glad you made it back safely! Looks like you and the Mrs had a blast! Food looks killer...how many pounds did you gain? :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:28 pm
Griffin well done
well done

I don't know. I don't stand on that thing that makes women cry. I'd like to think that all the walking I did cancelled out all the food and beer.....probably not...but I like to think that.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Is there much of a selection of grilled foods in restaurants there? The bratwursts look like they may have been cooked on a flattop.

I wouldn't have any reservations about a plate of that jagerschnitzel!

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:36 am
Griffin well done
well done

I'm not sure about in the restaurants, but I'll be sharing some of the cool grills I saw while attending Museum Superfest that was a festival lining both sides of the river for miles. It was a pretty cool experience, just haven't gone through all my pics yet.

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Glad you enjoyed your trip and made it back in one piece. The food in those pix looks really tasty.

I know I gained a few pounds when I returned from the land of big meat and big beer. I was flying solo that trip, so I had no one to tell me to slow down. Plus we were chauffeured everywhere, and didnt need to worry about drinking and driving. Drinking and walking was usually the poroblem. It was a tough job but someone had to do it.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Glad you enjoyed yourself and are back in one piece. Looking forward to more pics.

Return to General Discussion