Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lemon basil chicken

Lemon basil chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was gone for most of last week and it looks like there was some good cooking going on! Before I left I grilled up some chicken drumsticks with lemon and basil.

The ingredients. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper, and then added some fresh basil leaves and lemon zest between the skin and the meat.
Image Image Image

I had a nice hot fire so it didn't take long for the chicken to cook, and once again I had to pin the skin in place to keep it from pulling back from the meat. I don't know why but a lot of the skin has been missing from the drumsticks I've recently bought.

Mrs. SC had some zucchini and yellow (summer) squash that she wanted grilled, so I cut them into sticks and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and dried minced garlic. They were allowed to sit for about 45 minutes before grilling so that a lot of the water would come out...and it did.
Image Image

I also cooked up some mushrooms as the other side dish. We were happy with the flavor of the chicken and I'd like to try it again with thighs and maybe some oregano as well.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks great, SC! For a minute there, I thought you pulled a 'beercuer' and dyed your chicken blue. :lol: Now I see where it's a basil leaf under the skin.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:25 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Looks great, SC! For a minute there, I thought you pulled a 'beercuer' and dyed your chicken blue. :lol: Now I see where it's a basil leaf under the skin.

:lol: Had me going, too! It's "Return of the Smurfs."

Looks moist, tender, and tasty, Brad. :D
Last edited by beercuer on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got beer???

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:19 pm
sroach well done
well done

Nice looking legs, you got there.

Next Easter is going to be fun on this board.

Return to General Discussion