Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Saturday night prep work

Saturday night prep work

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Anybody else getting things ready tonight for some cooking tomorrow? We're going to Milwaukee to see the Brewers play the Phillies and in keeping with our theme of trying to tailgate with food associated with the visiting team I'm going to attempt a version of cheese steaks on the grill. I picked up a couple of thinly sliced ribeyes, some provolone, and some hoagie-style rolls at the store today, and tonight I took the meat mallet to the steaks to get them even thinner, although they didn't turn out as thin as if they'd been shaved on a slicer. No peppers and onions, though...don't like 'em.

Last time we went Pittsburgh was in town so I grilled up some kielbasa, and at the end of next month we're seeing Houston. Maybe grilled Astroturf will be on the menu. :wink:

Brad

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:34 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

"Last time we went Pittsburgh was in town so I grilled up some kielbasa, and at the end of next month we're seeing Houston. Maybe grilled Astroturf will be on the menu. "

Tex-Mex or beef BBQ.
Easy would be beef bean less chili.
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yeah, I'm thinking that it'll likely be some form of beef because of the Texas connection. I'll check the Astros' website to see if there's anything unique available at Minute Maid Park.

Return to General Discussion