Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled pepperoni and sausage pizza

Grilled pepperoni and sausage pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am
toyman medium
medium

I keep my egg covered for peace of mind. It keeps bird droppings off, water from penetrating to the inside and hopefully keeps the metal parts (bands/bolts, etc) from rusting. The exterior on my egg does get uncomfortable to touch, but has never gotten to the point of burning me. Thats with high heat searing/both vents fully opened or high heat cleaning.

The pizza's look fantastic! I'm a big fan of the San Marzano tomatoes. Not that it makes too much difference, but if they are true San Marzano's, they will have a paper DOP label on them.
Large Big Green Egg
JennAir NG 3 burner
Wood Fired Oven
Ultra Sear Grill
Weber Silver B

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Is your thin crust recipe from a cookbook, or can you share it? It looks terrific!

I used the following recipe (by weight), using half tipo 00 flour and half all-purpose:

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizza/pizza_dough.html

I’ll use all tipo 00 next time, although it was good with the half-half variation.

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Very nice pizza!!
I don’t think it’s missing the pork at all. I use the same ingredients when I’m trying to cut back on calories. Impressive as usual!!

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 pm
KettleKooked well done
well done

Smokin' Gal, that's one of the finest BGE pizza's I've ever laid my hungry eyes upon. I am drooling.
I like it fast, fun or tasty.
Pitmaster w/sfb
Smoke King w/sfb
BBQ Grillware stainless
Large Big Green Egg
Mike

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Great job Smokin'gal. Pizza looks top notch.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Previous

Return to General Discussion