Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Fired up for Friday?

Fired up for Friday?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

After being on vacation last week and having my grilling limited to pretty simple stuff it'll be good to have the full arsenal on hand again. Last night I rubbed up a rack of baby backs and am going to grill them high-heat style tonight, and tomorrow or Sunday we'll be having ribeyes for breakfast. They were actually supposed to be for Mrs. SC's birthday last night but her shift at work got changed, so they're still in the fridge. I'm not sure about Sunday yet but I'm hoping I'm on my own so maybe I can cook up something with a little heat...

Anything going on in your neck of the woods?

Brad

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Sounds good Brad, enjoy your feasts.
I’m going to grill fish on Sunday Mexican style.

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Not sure about tonight.. Hard to get motivated when its supposed to hit 107 again here today and I'd just be cooking for myself. Maybe some ribs or something Saturday or Sunday when Mrs. G gets home or whatever she wants.

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

Cooking 8 butts for a fundraiser / Saints tailgate Sunday.
Cooking 5 on my black & gold Double-chef at the tailgate & 3 on my chargriller kamodo beforehand.
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 pm
redraider0629 medium-rare
medium-rare

Griffin wrote:
Not sure about tonight.. Hard to get motivated when its supposed to hit 107 again here today and I'd just be cooking for myself. Maybe some ribs or something Saturday or Sunday when Mrs. G gets home or whatever she wants.

Same here, I am waiting for it to at least cool down to 100 or 101.

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

It's "only" 95 and oppressively humid here. Plus I have new BGE fever. I just finished up a brisket and I'm getting ready to do my first pizza. Let me rephrase that : My first pizza on the BGE and first pizza using a pizza stone. I've always direct grilled my pizza crust on the first side, removed it, flipped it so I'm topping the grilled side, topped it and put it back on the grill and finished indirectly. This gives me a pizza crust grilled on both sides which I like very much. I'll be interested see whether grilled on two sides will be beaten by high heat grilled on a pizza stone in half the time.

I have been and will be taking picturess and will post some of them up sometime this weekend. I hope everybody enjoys what they're dsoing or not doing on the grill this weekend.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Glad to see your grill didn't get suspended for the season, John. :wink:

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Glad to see your grill didn't get suspended for the season, John. :wink:

I love it!
I'm not as big a fan as the rest of the family , but I love the eatin, drinking, & comradere.

New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:09 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
It's "only" 95 and oppressively humid here. Plus I have new BGE fever. I just finished up a brisket and I'm getting ready to do my first pizza. Let me rephrase that : My first pizza on the BGE and first pizza using a pizza stone. I've always direct grilled my pizza crust on the first side, removed it, flipped it so I'm topping the grilled side, topped it and put it back on the grill and finished indirectly. This gives me a pizza crust grilled on both sides which I like very much. I'll be interested see whether grilled on two sides will be beaten by high heat grilled on a pizza stone in half the time.

I have been and will be taking picturess and will post some of them up sometime this weekend. I hope everybody enjoys what they're dsoing or not doing on the grill this weekend.

Jim

Say Jim, do great minds ever stop thinking alike?-- Tee-he. I too aspire at least to doing some pizzas (4) up this weekend. i have a weakness for pan pizzas, so naturally i go with my CI pans. Think of it as an iron stone. I'm gonna add some hickory flavor. You? I wish you lotsa fun! :D
Got beer???

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

What a week!!! :roll: Thank goodness it's Friday indeed! Just got done grilling up some lamb chops for my wife's birthday. Tomorrow, everyone is coming over for pulled pork, ribs, and some smoked peach bbq baked beans....and some other stuff non-grill-related. :wink: Not sure about Sunday yet.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion