Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stir-Fry

Stir-Fry

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm
QJuju well done
well done

I thought I posted this earlier, but must have hit the X. Anyway... Several people post delicious plates of different stir fry dishes. I knew I needed to get the wok.

1st attempt turned out pretty good, but does leave room for improvement. Here are a few photos of the cook. I did Mrs Juju's first as hers didn't have chili garlic paste and had cauliflower rice. Mine had lots of chili garlic paste and shirataki noodles.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yum! :) Looks good to me! Cant wait to see what you do next!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking meal. Way to lay out your mise en place before hand. When you run out of that wok oil, you might check into seeing if peanut oil is cheaper (if you are not allergic). That's what I use on mine. Can't wait to see more wok cooks from you. A great way to eat healthy.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh yeah, I could take delight in that meal, Qjuju! Luv all the color going on there. And the shirataki noodles are a lot of fun. I find it hard to believe that the tofu variety hve zero calories. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm
QJuju well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
And the shirataki noodles are a lot of fun. I find it hard to believe that the tofu variety hve zero calories. :D

I know... they are pretty tasty too, but that water is pretty funky until you rinse them! :) More importantly they are 0 carbs. I wouldn't want to just have a plate of them, but the do really well in things like this. I used a product called nooodles once too and they are pretty good. There is a local Thai place that has the mountain yam variety on their menu, but like most places they still use sugar/refined carbs and their protein to vege ratio is way off.

Thanks for the kind words... it was colorful. I think next will be beef and broccoli.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:05 pm
harry_canyon well done
well done

Looks quite tasty!

QJuju wrote:
I think next will be beef and broccoli.

Cook's Illustrated has a great beef and broccoli recipe from Sep. 2003. It's on their website but you have to sign up for a free trial. :oops: Darn...

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:10 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

I'll take a plate of that! :D

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking stir-fry!
I would say it was a very successful first attempt.

Return to General Discussion