Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Srimp Scampi and Stuffed Crab

Srimp Scampi and Stuffed Crab

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:21 am
Griffin well done
well done

Not quite the meal I had in mind when I headed to the store yesterday. I was planning on little neck clams with sweet corn and basil, but they were out of clams. My back up was going to be mussels, but they were out of mussels. The frustration was growing until I remembered Nibble Me This posted Fire Roasted Shrimp Scampi last week on his blog.

Got the Egg set up at 400F, place setter legs down and the grid on top. Threw on some stuffed crab that I had found

Let that go for about 10 minutes and then added the scampi

About another 10 mintues and dinner was served up

The shrimp scampi was the bomb and better yet it was simple and easy to cook. The crab....meh. Not so good. I'll be making this again (minus the crab), but next time I think I'll serve it over some capellini or some linguini. Great meal. Note - don't make this if you are new to dating somebody and plan on kissing them later. It has quite a bit of garlic. :lol:

Fire Roasted Shrimp Scampi

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 am
Trollby well done
well done

WOW!

That looks really yummy!

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:28 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice! Great looking meal. Been awhile since I've had seafood.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:25 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Very nice meal and presentation. :)

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:29 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

dang you guys just keep pumping out thoes good recipes and ill keep copeing them griffen my mouth is watering over that meal
TIMS BBQ

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Thanks. Usually you think healthy when you think of seafood, but I think all the butter in that scampi pretty much negated any benefits of the seafood. I was a bit disappointed in the crab. Wasn't very flavorful and the person who made it was either smoking something and didn't care or was never told that you are supposed to pull the bits of shell out of the crab meat when you are seperating it. First 5 bites....5 bites of shell. Not happy.

Side note.....I think I'm starting to get bored again.....hitting a cook's block (like writer's block). Can't think of anything I really want to cook or eat. Seemed like I just did this a few months ago. :(

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I luv seafood, and your meal does look real tasty, Griffin! Sorry about your "cook's block." Perhaps doing some kind of comfort food (like some kind of meatloaf?) would invigorate you again. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion