Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Catching up... a couple of steak cooks

Catching up... a couple of steak cooks

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:10 am
QJuju well done
well done

I have been swamped in one way or another every weekend for a while now. I had a few cooks photos just hanging out on the PC. Here are a couple of steak cooks.

Hanger steak a la Anne Burrell-- wicked good
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne ... index.html

For the last 3 or 4 months we have had steak on Friday night. We used to go out on Friday night and one night the CFO wanted steak. We went to Outback and waited 90 mins for a table. The service was slow and the steak was not up to par. We decided we could do better quicker and cheaper. So Friday Steak Night was born-- who am I to complain!! :lol: Most nights its a ribeye, but this night I wanted a T-Bone and Mrs. Juju wanted a filet... why not! Steak is too easy, and quick, to cook so I normally don't take photos, but I did this night for some reason. Small BGE and a cast iron grate makes all the difference.

She was so excited about her filet she said take a picture of this! :)

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:31 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Look at those lines! Those things are BOOTYFUL!

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Dang, Qjuju.....all 3 of your posts are killing me! Those are some of the finest looking steaks I've ever seen!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:48 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You know, Qjuju, as I was drooling over your other posts of stuffed chicken breasts and Italiano meatloaf and now these steaks, I have determined that you have some serious cooking skills! (Not that I did not know it before, but rather it's always amazing to see it again). The grid marks on your T-bone are unbelievable. Curious,... did you use a grill press? :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am
QJuju well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
You know, Qjuju, as I was drooling over your other posts of stuffed chicken breasts and Italiano meatloaf and now these steaks, I have determined that you have some serious cooking skills! (Not that I did not know it before, but rather it's always amazing to see it again). The grid marks on your T-bone are unbelievable. Curious,... did you use a grill press? :D

Thanks Beercuer... That is really kind of you. Really, thanks to all of you for the kind words.

I didn't use a press... that is all small BGE and a cast iron grate. I pre-heat the small to 550. Set my timer for 2 minutes and the pattern is put them on, 2 mins, 1/2 turn, 2 mins, flip, 2 mins, 1/2 turn, 2 mins, take them off. I did 4 t-bones last night. I bought a cast iron grate for my large and did them all the same way.

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:18 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

WICKED good grill marks, QJuju!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Outstanding! I checked out the marinade recipe and it sounds really tasty, so I think I'll try it on a piece of round steak sometime.

Brad

Return to General Discussion