Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoked Pork Tacos (Eddie's fault!)...

Smoked Pork Tacos (Eddie's fault!)...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:43 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

You guys and gals on this forum make me hongry. :lol: Eddie posted his enchiladas yesterday and it put me in the mood for some Mexican food. I am also bachelorin' it up tonight, as my wife is out with her girlfriends at a baby shower. That meant I got to cook whatever the heck I wanted! Woo hoo!

I had pulled pork tacos on my brain, but no where near enough time to pull that off. So I went with this "Pork Ribeye Roast."

I injected the heck out of it with a mixture of melted butter and Palmetto Juice www.palmettojuice.com. Then slathered it in yellow mustard and gave it a good coating of a homemade rub...

Placed A LOT of alder and pecan wood in the smoker and gave it heavy dose of smoke for about an hour or so until the internal temp hit about 150 deg f. Then took her off the BGE and wrapped her up for about 20 minutes or so in foil to let the juices redistribute..

Sliced most of it for leftovers, but I also chopped some for tonight's Smoked Pork Tacos. Yum! :)

The Pork Tacos were topped with some Salsa Verde, Angel Hair Cabbage, Jalapenos and Cheddar Cheese.

The injection of the Butter and Palmetto Juice was very good....so was the Rub. Can't wait to dig into the leftovers tomorrow. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:10 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal, I am reminded of Lady Gaga's song "The Egg of Glory." :lol:

Seriously, your efforts were rewarded with a most delectable and juicy looking pork! I also like the touch of jalapenos in your tacos. :D
Got beer???

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:49 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a nice-looking piece of pork...good job!

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 am
sroach well done
well done

Ummmm... Two Please... :lol:

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Beautiful Dyal! I would like some as well...I'm telling you I need to find out how to get that Palmetto Juice shipped to me...Think I'll look that up online :)

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, fellas'! Eddie, the S&H is 50 cents more than the sauce alone. :lol: That makes it a total of $24.50! :shock: Fortunately, my brother can get it locally where he lives. One good thing is that there is a LOT of sauce in one bottle. This one bottle is lasting me a long time.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Thanks, fellas'! Eddie, the S&H is 50 cents more than the sauce alone. :lol: That makes it a total of $24.50! :shock: Fortunately, my brother can get it locally where he lives. One good thing is that there is a LOT of sauce in one bottle. This one bottle is lasting me a long time.

I'm driving to Florida through Georgia next week I wonder if I'll stop somewhere to pick it up!

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:26 am
QJuju well done
well done

Dude!! That looks wicked good and just happen to have some low-carb tortillas in the kitchen! Oh yeah... pork loin is on the menu for Monday!! I am inspired!

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:24 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, Qjuju! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

EddieK1376 wrote:

I'm driving to Florida through Georgia next week I wonder if I'll stop somewhere to pick it up!

I gotta go to Savannah tonight for my niece's birthday party. I'm going to try to pick up a few bottles myself.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:52 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

If I ate pork. I'd definitely have a few of those tacos. 8)

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:11 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

smokin'gal wrote:
If I ate pork. I'd definitely have a few of those tacos. 8)

And if I wasn't trying to cut wheat out of my diet completely, I would too (but I'd gain back the 10 lbs. I've lost since I did so that's out). :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

yeah i just thought of somethingh dyal sence you wanting pulled pork tacos are eddie,s falt then i guess me wanting them now and craveing that palametto juice is his falt also lol what are we going todo with him :D
TIMS BBQ

Return to General Discussion