Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Spicy Thai Beef w/ Ginger and Basil (pix)

Spicy Thai Beef w/ Ginger and Basil (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Brad had me in the mood for Thai food every since his post the other day. Since then, I've had it three times. :lol: Once while I was away on business in Austin, again last night while in Hilton Head on business, and tonight on the BGE. :wink:

Decided to throw some of my favorite Thai ingredients together, along with some improvising. I started with the bulky veggies... some Bell Peppers, Baby Bella Mushrooms, and some Thin Baby Carrots. I also threw some Chopped Ginger, Chopped Garlic, Chili Garlic Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Cooking Spray and Water into the mix.

Let that go for awhile until the veggies softened up a little... then it was time for the Sirloin. I marinated the Sirloin for about 45 minutes in some EVOO, Lemon Juice, Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Chili Garlic Sauce. This made for an awesome marinade...the acid and salt tenderized the steak very nicely.

Let the steak cook up a bit, and then I added a couple dashes of Ground Coriander and Chili Pepper...

I added the leafy veggies towards the end (Green Onions and Basil from my garden)...

This was some good eatin'! The flavors were excellent. This will definitely be repeated! Served over some softened Rice Sticks.

Finished with some Chopped Peanuts.

Not to float my own boat, but this was even better than the Thai food I had in Hilton Head last night. The only thing I'll change next time will be the Rice Sticks. I will probably go with a softer and wetter Rice Noodle. Still pretty dang good though. 8)
Last edited by Dyal_SC on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Very impressive! I'll have to give this a try.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm
harry_canyon well done
well done

That looks very tasty!

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:07 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh Dyal... your Thai meal is gorgeous!

Have you ever tried Thai pad noodles? Also, I noticed you are also a fan of Spice Islands seasonings. Have you ever tried their Thai Seasoning. That stuff is out of this world and carries a bit of heat. I luv it in stir fry.

You sure done well, my friend. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:33 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! You did the complete meal and I'm sure your beef turned out way better than mine!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 am
Griffin well done
well done

Awesome meal, Dy-all. Glad to see you back in business and posting again.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Why thank you, Gentlemen! You too, Garfield! :wink:

beercuer wrote:
Oh Dyal... your Thai meal is gorgeous!

Have you ever tried Thai pad noodles? Also, I noticed you are also a fan of Spice Islands seasonings. Have you ever tried their Thai Seasoning. That stuff is out of this world and carries a bit of heat. I luv it in stir fry.

You sure done well, my friend. :D

This was the first time I've had Thai-style noodles at home. They were a little bit too "firm" for our tastes. I'll have to try finding the Thai pad noodles next time, which won't be long from now. I'll definitely have to find the Spice Islands Thai Seasoning too...that sounds good. Seems like I remember either you or someone else on the board using that awhile back.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my spider and wok and really go international on the BGE. I can't remember the last time I made a meal indoors it's had to be over 2 months now.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

EddieK1376 wrote:
Dyal looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my spider and wok and really go international on the BGE. I can't remember the last time I made a meal indoors it's had to be over 2 months now.

Thanks, Edward! :D I know what you mean about cooking everything outside. I actually made Pasta Primavera inside tonight. I can't remember the last time before tonight that I used that thing in the kitchen. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:33 am
QJuju well done
well done

That looks like an awesome dish... I am looking forward to trying my hand at some Asian food in the future.

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

I must second and third all the "awesome dish" comments, as well as agree with Beercuer about trying Pad Thai noodles--they are simply delicious. Alright, it's time I get my new wok seasoned and get to work. :D

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

WOW, that looks and sounds good!!
All this wok cooking made me want to fire up mine soon.

Return to General Discussion