Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion His 'n' hers t-bones

His 'n' hers t-bones

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My wife had yesterday evening off so I decided to grill up something nice for dinner, and I knew there was a package of t-bones in the freezer. After they thawed (I actually moved them to the fridge on Thursday) I seasoned them with coarse sea salt and pepper.

But then I took mine 1 step farther and added mustard powder, habanero pepper sauce, and mustard seeds.

After letting them rest in the fridge for 5-6 hours I grilled them direct over regular Kingsford briquettes. Unfortunately I did lose a little of the mustard crust on 1 side of my steak but there was more than enough flavor to go around.

Just how I like them! They were each good in their own way, with my wife's steak having a nice beef flavor while mine had definite mustard notes, an interesting crunch from the mustard seeds, and plenty of heat.

We had some small russet potatoes that were getting old so I decided to halve them lengthwise and top them with salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Then I grilled them direct over a medium-hot fire until the tops were nice and brown and the bottoms were charred and crisp.

I bought a couple of broccoli crowns and fixed them in a way I hadn't done for a long time: I cut the stalks flat so they could stand up on the grate and then I smeared the crowns with generous amounts of butter. However, at some point in the cooking process they fell over so 1 side of each was nicely done while the other was very well, uh, caramelized. :wink:

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

nice steaks im going to have to try that mustard seed and powder
TIMS BBQ

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Those steaks even look like they are loaded with flavor, Brad. I sure do like the appearance of your taters. :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Steaks look great... I love steak... we have steak Fridays now. I go for salt and pepper on mine, but your rub looks very tasty!

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Nice job, SC. Reminds me that I have some dry aged ribeyes hanging out in the freezer. Really need to whip up a steak dinner this week.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:16 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yum! You got me in the mood for steak and potatoes. I haven't had the chance to fire up the grill lately...except for once a few days ago. I'm jonesin'.. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:01 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Really great looking steaks, SC! That almost makes me want to find me the next ex-Mrs.CBG just so I can cook up steaks like that. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Looks like a great meal.

I love a good t-bone !

Greg

Return to General Discussion