Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BCC Teriyaki Style with Mesquite (Pix)

BCC Teriyaki Style with Mesquite (Pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Show and tell time again. I had a new sauce to try--Tabasco's teriyaki spicy. Let the bird soak overnight. I cued it over a combination of charcoal and mesquite lump-- but just enough to create a flavor presence. The aromas of that and the teriyaki drove me wild. First the sauce, then the cook...

Got beer???

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:44 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yessir! That looks great, beercuer! I've never seen that sauce before, but I'm going to keep my eye out for it. Did you dip the chicken in the sauce, or did you baste with it?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:05 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

That's one beautiful bird. i didn't start eating teriyaki until I moved out here. Now I could bathe in the stuff.

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you both so much! :D

I find that a bird like this works so well with a stir fry and pineapple in some form for dessert.

Dyal-- My brother had to pick this sauce up in San Franicisco. So it might be hard to locate in your local area. However, I know you could always get it on Amazon, which they handle straight from the Tabasco people.

I tell you how I marinated this overnight. I cut right underneath the metal retaining ring on the bag. Then I poured the marinade in that bag to conserve space and concentrate the sauce into the smallest possible area. Lastly, I sealed that all up in a one gallon zip lock bag.

I did not baste it, though I sure could have. I also could have poured some marinade in the beer cannon, but silly me used grapefruit juice instead.
Got beer???

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:29 am
jsperk well done
well done

That bird looks real tasty. DOes that suace have a strong soy sauce flavor?
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

jsperk wrote:
That bird looks real tasty. DOes that suace have a strong soy sauce flavor?

Thank you, Jsperk. This is a very powerful sauce, concentrated with flavor. It is every bit a hot sauce as much as a teriyaki sauce. But yes, for better or worse, it does have a strong soy flavor. In fact, the list of ingredients in ranking order are:

soy sauce
sugar
Japanese sweet cooking rice wine
Tabasco pepper sauce

Even though it has that much sugar, it doesn't taste as much sweet as it does salty. Again it sure does have a kick. I really enjoy it. It's different from anything else out there. :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Chicken looks good, Beercuer! Looks like you got a nice crisp skin on it.

Like Dyal I've not seen that sauce, either, but maybe it'll show up in a store around here. I've never seen a spicy teriyaki sauce before.

Brad

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks, Brad :D

After enough trial and error, I've discovered I get my best results by maintaining a cooking temp of 325-350 degrees. The lower temps produce a rawhide skin for me-- you know, leather tuff :lol:
Got beer???

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am
QJuju well done
well done

I recall that device... yard bird looks delicious!

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

QJuju wrote:
I recall that device... yard bird looks delicious!

Say, thank you, Qjuju :D Great to see ya again. Oh yeah, the turkey cannon-- I really like the way it cooks every square millimeter of skin. I look to do a turkey as well on it later this week.
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion