Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Simple smoked mac and cheese

Simple smoked mac and cheese

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm
HoosierTrooper medium-well
medium-well

For a quick, tasty side dish smoked mac and cheese is great! My wife has a great mac and cheese recipe but I decided at the last minute tonight to make some to go with meatloaf so I took the easy way out and threw together a package of Velveeta shells and cheese. After it was done I put it in an aluminum pan, sprinkled some of my home made rub on top and then added another layer of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and popped it in the CG with two chunks of apple wood and let it cook for about an hour.

It could've went about another half hour to brown up the top layer a bit more but we needed to eat because of plans my daughter had made. If you've never tried smoked mac and cheese I highly recommend it.

If there's no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looking good, Grandpa! I love smoked side dishes as well. Smoked mac and cheese and smoked scalloped potatoes are two of my favorites.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 pm
jsperk well done
well done

That looks like some good mac n cheese,
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I could stop at the store on the way home tonight and pick up all the necessary ingredients!

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 am
QJuju well done
well done

That looks mighty tasty. Smoked mac & cheese gets some sideways looks at first and then folks taste it. Nice job.

Return to General Discussion