Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Handling the heat?

Handling the heat?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 am
QJuju well done
well done

Kenny 13 wrote:
QJuju wrote:
Kenny 13 wrote:
78° with 67% humidity. Wow, that's mid-January weather for us, except the humidity would still be around 98%.

January here is usually like 20 with snow or 30 with freezing rain. :lol: That was in the morning so we got into the 90's yesterday and will again today. I am sure its not quite like La, but I really enjoyed the low humidity and heat.... maybe I need to move out west after all! :)

It really surprises me how many folks don't believe the humidity makes a difference. Years ago I spent what I thought was one of the best August days I've ever enjoyed poolside at an Oklahoma hotel. My friends and I commented several times how it felt like an 80° day in New Orleans, which is just unheard of in August. We found out later that afternoon that the temperature had actually gotten up to 102° and we were under a severe heat advisory :shock:

Spot on! I worked outside both Saturday and Sunday washing cars and doing yard work. We had the heat advisory and people were staying inside. Now I am not saying I wanted to be working on the roof, but I rather enjoyed it. I drank a lot of water and kept my frog mat moist. No problems. This morning... I am miserable just trying to get dressed for work. Give me that dry heat baby! :)

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

That humidity makes a big deal during the wintertime as well. We don't get as many days in the low 30's and upper 20's as we did 20-25 years ago, but when we do get them that humidity combined with the cold temperature really goes right through you. Funny how that works. I think a big part of that for us is that you cannot go much more than a mile in any direction without hitting water where I live, so whatever direction the wind is blowing from it's coming over water so it's never a dry wind.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Previous

Return to General Discussion