Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Flat Iron Steak with Garlic and Feta Risotto (pix)

Flat Iron Steak with Garlic and Feta Risotto (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That time of the week again for Flat Iron Steak! :)

Served up with some of my lovely wife's Garlic and Feta Risotto. I think I could make a meal out of the Risotto itself. She has her own recipe for that...but she won't even tell ME what all she puts in it. :lol: I don't care though....I just want her to keep making it.

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:48 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Excellent! Steak, rice, and peas is one of my favorite dinners and yours looks so good I won't take off too many points for using canned peas instead of frozen. :lol:

Did you do anything special or was it just a salt & pepper situation?

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Mmmmmmmmm. That looks mighty tasty and looks like you nailed the doneness on the steak. Nicely done.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Looking good Dyal. One of my favorite cuts of sreak.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Excellent! Steak, rice, and peas is one of my favorite dinners and yours looks so good I won't take off too many points for using canned peas instead of frozen. :lol:

Did you do anything special or was it just a salt & pepper situation?

Thanks, fellas! Brad, it's a steak/brisket rub that I've been working on... Has a slight kiss of coffee and oregano without taking away the flavor of the steak.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Excellent looking meal. :D

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 am
Griffin well done
well done

Wonderful lookin gmeal, Dyal.

Is risotto really that hard to cook? I ask because they are always screwing it up on Hell's Kitchen (and everything else) and they are trained chefs. Or are supposed to be. Sometimes I don't actually believe they are.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am
QJuju well done
well done

Great looking plate. The steak is cooked perfectly!

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Wonderful lookin gmeal, Dyal.

Is risotto really that hard to cook? I ask because they are always screwing it up on Hell's Kitchen (and everything else) and they are trained chefs. Or are supposed to be. Sometimes I don't actually believe they are.

I've never made it before (I don't think so anyway)... But my wife says it is fairly simple.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 am
QJuju well done
well done

Risotto is not that hard to cook and serve immediately. It is when it is prepared and then they try to hold it for service that it becomes tricky. Many good restaurants that serve risotto serve it on a schedule and you get it when its ready regardless of where you are in the meal. I used to make it a lot. I made my own chicken stock, but box works. I tried to let the add-ins reflect the other flavors in the meal. Ina Garten has a recipe in one of her books, and probably somewhere on the web, where most everything is dumped into a Le Creuset and cooked in the oven. Butter and parm are added at the end and stirred vigorously. It's pretty good... I preferred it made with constant stirring and slow additions of warm stock. I thought it made for a better finished product, but that may be just me.

Give it a try Griff... you got the skills.

edit... make some extra plain risotto and make arancini... when I was still addicted to carbs I believed they were a gift from the gods! :) I really couldn't get enough

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Mmmmm... comfort food-- I luv it, Dyal :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion