Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Memorial Day cooking

Memorial Day cooking

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What's going on for the holiday? Who's hosting? Who's cooking? Who's just going to veg out for 3 days? :wink:

I'm acting as sous grillmaster for a friend on Saturday but then most of the weekend will be spent traveling to graduation parties for family and friends, with my next chance to grill being Monday night. It'll be nice to come to work next Tuesday so I can recover from the weekend! :wink:

Brad

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:56 am
scotts1919 medium
medium

Heading up to Wisconsin with another couple for some camping! Of course i will be bringing the Weber OTS for the festivities!

Saturday going to do chicken fajitas. Then on Sunday going to do some fresh ground diner burgers on the cast iron griddle!

Have a great weekend everybody!

8)
18.5 WSM
22.5 Weber Silver
22.5 Weber Performer
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

After it's successful test run yesterday, I will be doing another batch of Planked Hamburgers and Steak Fries for four people on Saturday. Sunday I am tied up at this point. Monday I'm not sure about yet, but if I am free I think I'm going to do a Big Bob Gibson chicken and white sauce.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and gets in a lot of quality grilling or smoking time.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 am
Griffin well done
well done

Will be heading down to Lake Whitney to go camping. Some friends are coming up from Austin and bringing their boat. Many beers will be drunk, campfires and out door cooking. I better get planning on that menu.

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 am
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

We will be camping this weekend up north. This will be the first time I am not taking the Weber along. Everything will be done over the fire on sticks and a grate...........Wish me luck :D
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 am
Trollby well done
well done

Hoping wife will say yes to BB-Ribs

Post Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Having some friends over for a pig roast. Only a small piggy at 50 pounds but still fun.

Post Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

Saturday going to my nephews graduation party a crawfish boil.
Sunday , either St Louis style ribs , local grocery has fresh trimmed for $ 2.29/ lb!
Might do a butt , wanting to try my new charcoal basket I made to get an eight hour burn on my offset.

New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Thu May 24, 2012 10:21 pm
Askanison medium
medium

ribs ribs and more ribs.
and some beer (hopefully).
Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 18.5" Kettle

Post Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dunno how much cooking I will get in. we were told on Tuesday that to "Pack your stuff you are being relocated to Chicago" My wife has a great opportunity but they didn't give us much time.

I know I have some stuff in the freezer I want to cook so I don't lose it such as a chuck roast, shoulder and a whole chicken but I don't know if I'll be able to get to them. What's the use of just cooking it and then not being able to eat them?????

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Post Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Just got a goodie bag from Griffin... Gonna use some of the rub and sauce he sent me. Thinking a brisket may be in store. :D Also do some boating around on the lake....maybe use up the last of the New England Weiner Rolls that jfm0830 sent me for some hot dogs on the lake tomorrow.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good luck with the move, Eddie! Perhaps you could get a neighbor to store your freezer and its contents for a few weeks until you can make a trip back down?

Brad

Post Fri May 25, 2012 3:31 pm
timbarber84 medium
medium

im doing 2racks of ribs for my doughters cook out sunday
TIMS BBQ

Post Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I'm stuck out of town on business :( :( so I'm counting on lots of good pics from everybody!!!! Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

Will be at my father's Monday - already established that I am to "do" the chicken. Breasts, legs, thighs on a gas grill. Need to find something to jazz them a bit.
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Next

Return to General Discussion